toxic | ja morant

for the ja morant girlies 🫶
pls use your inferring skills at the end 🤞🏽
-

amani was sitting in her apartment, stuck in her own thoughts.

you know you're gonna miss me when i'm gone, he said.

and she did, way too much.

amani and ja had a different relationship than others. they weren't necessarily dating but they weren't single either.

the way he put it was, you're reserved for me and i'm reserved for you, nobody else.

she knew their dynamic was not good for either of them and that's why they couldn't stop it.

ja had been busy with the playoffs, giving amani some time to reevaluate their relationship.

though she couldn't get far with ja continuously barging into her life; mentally and physically.

each time she'd take time to herself he'd call or text her, redirecting her thoughts.

ja 👎🏽
you miss me yet?

ja 👎🏽
i know you see my messages lil girl

ja 👎🏽
amani renee brown
stop playin wit me

knowing that ignoring him would only make things worse, she gave in and responded to him.

amani 🫀
what do you want jamel?

ja 👎🏽
you're too smart to be acting dumb

amani 🫀
that didn't answer my question

ja 👎🏽
you know what
imma bout to pull up
unlock the door for me

and as much as she didn't want to do it, she got up and unlocked the door for him.

not even ten minutes later, ja arrived at her door, letting himself in.

"i didn't say you could come in." amani tried to play hard to get; both of them knew she missed him.

"you left the door unlocked. you didn't have to say a thing." he smirked, closing the door behind him and locking it.

she stared at him as he made his way over to her.

"you look cute." he complimented her, referring to the memphis grizzlies shirt she had on.

"shut up." she rolled her eyes and turned her body away from him.

ja sat down next to her, taking his shoes off and making himself comfortable.

"some personal space would be nice." she scoffed, glancing at him.

"you so cute when you fake mad." he grabbed her thigh, gently caressing it.

"ja stop." she sighed, knowing that was one of her weaknesses.

"don't tell me that you ain't miss me." he scooted closer to the girl.

she looked him up and down, eyeing his hands. he was now holding onto her waist as she turned to face him completely.

"there she is." ja smiled, seeing her whole face.

"we need to talk." amani seriously spoke as she looked him in the eye.

"i'm listening," he kissed up her neck, making her whine.

"no you're not." she tried to push him away but of course he didn't budge.

"i am. talk." he looked her in the eyes before kissing her lips.

"i don't think we should keep doing this." she sighed as he stared at her like she was crazy.

"you're funny." he bitterly chuckled, shaking his head.

"i'm serious ja." amani crossed her arms over her chest.

there was an eerie silence in the room, neither of them knowing what to say.

"are you gonna say something?" she asked, biting her lip nervously.

"what you want me to say? you know we aren't ending this." he ran his hand up and down her leg.

"yes we are." she tried to stand her ground.

"you know in a couple of days, you'll be calling my phone saying you miss me and shit." ja leaned back onto her couch, laying his arms across the back of it.

"no i'm not. i can't keep doing this with you. it's toxic." amani protested.

"that never stopped you before babygirl." he smirked, recalling the times when she tried to cut him off prior to this moment.

she was now silent, unable to back herself up on that one.

"look at you, speechless." he chuckled, looking her up and down.

"i can't stand you, for real." she rolled her eyes, getting off the couch and going to her kitchen.

he followed behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist, kissing her neck again.

"i just want you to take me serious. i hate feeling like i'm disposable when it comes to you." she confessed, leaning against the counter.

"i hear you amani. you aren't disposable. imma take you serious, for real this time." he spewed out empty promises, which amani knew weren't real.

"we good?" he stared down at her due to their height difference.

"for now, yeah." she turned around, looking up at him.

she knew she couldn't bring herself to rid him out of her life, no matter how hard she tried.

and he knew that too which made it that much easier to play her.

"now i know you claim to not miss me but did she miss me?" ja poked his tongue inside his cheek.

"unfortunately, yeah, she did." amani smirked, gripping his jacket in her hands.

as they made their way into her bedroom, she sent a prayer up, asking the lord to forgive her for the sins she was about to commit.

to be or not to be continued...

-
hehehehe
who do y'all want to see next?
i have a list of all the names but a lot of y'all have evened up the numbers so i'm conflicted
let me know!
love u bye!!