champ | johnathan kuminga

he's so underrated it's criminal
-

"your 2023 nba champions, the golden state warriors!" malika andrews yelled as streamers fell from the ceiling and the crowd erupted in cheers.

after a hard fought season, the golden state warriors were champions again. aries held back tears as she looked at her boyfriend smiling like a kid in a candy store.

aries had been beside johnathan the entire season and never once lost faith in him, even when he didn't have any faith in himself.

she was always in his corner and she couldn't be happier for him, as well as the team. all of the losses, injuries, late night practices and countless workouts all led to this moment.

after attempting to get herself together, she made her way from her seat onto the floor to congratulate him.

"i'm so proud of you." she immediately wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him down to her height.

"thank you." he smiled and wrapped his arms around her waist, lifting her off the ground.

"you're a champion! again!" she held the sides of his face and kissed his lips quickly.

"we're champions again baby. i wouldn't be here without you." he spoke, making her pout and start crying, again.

"i love you." she stared into his eyes, caressing his cheek with her thumb.

"i love you more." he kissed her forehead and wiped her tears away before turning around and grabbing the trophy.

"you wanna hold it?" he raised a brow while smiling at her.

"yes." she nodded with a big smile on her face as he chuckled and placed it in her hands.

she was expecting it to hold some weight, but she wasn't expecting it to be that heavy. "damn!" aries groaned as she felt herself almost drop it.

"you think you can hold it for pictures?"

"definitely not. i've only held it for thirty seconds and my arms are already giving out." she immediately shook her head.

"okay. here." he laughed and took it out of her hands before placing it on the ground.

"aye JK! let me get pictures of y'all!" jordan jimenez yelled over the very loud noise in the arena.

aries stood in front of johnathan and pointed at the trophy that he held in front of her with a smile on her face.

"cuties." ayesha pouted at the sight of the young couple aries made eye contact with johnathan as she turned her head.

she blushed instantly and went to hide her face, which made for a very adorable photo.

after jordan took their photos, the two of them went to get their pictures professionally taken. johnathan also got her her very own championship hat.

"okay. i want you to go celebrate with your team. i'll see you at home." aries hugged him tightly.

"you're coming to the parade right?" he looked down at her due to their height difference.

"yes johnathan. now go!" she pecked his lips and tried to run away, but he grabbed her hand before she could get far.

"i love you. thank you for being here." he held her hand and intertwined their fingers together, kissing her one last time.

"of course honey. i love you too. have fun!" she waved and ran off, going to her car and driving home.

johnathan celebrated in the locker room with his teammates. due to the fact that he was not yet twenty one, he couldn't go to the club with the guys.

"hello again." aries smiled at him as he walked through the door of their apartment.

"hi. you look cute." he chuckled at the shirt she was wearing, which happened to have his face on it.

"thanks champ." she winked at him as she grabbed a water bottle from the fridge.

"are you gonna do that thing where you call me champ for a week again?" he dropped his keys on the counter and dropped his bag.

"maybe." she shrugged, knowing she would in fact be calling him that for the rest of the week.

"i know i said this already but thank you. thank you for everything you've done for me." he sighed, walking around the counter and wrapping his arms around her waist.

"you're welcome baby." she smiled as he pulled her in for a soft kiss.

"oh i almost forgot!" she pulled away and opened the refrigerator door, pulling out a cake.

"i bought it because i had a strong feeling you'd be coming home a champion so." she placed it on the counter.

the cake had the words 'congratulations JK!' written on it in icing. she took the plastic cover off before grabbing two forks for them.

"thank you princess." he kissed her cheek and stuck his fork in the cake, taking a bite.

"good?" she looked over at him before copying his actions, ready to take a bite for herself.

"mhm." he nodded and went to eat another piece. she took a bite and raised her brows in shock at how good it was.

"see!" johnathan pointed at her with his eyebrows raised.

"that is good!" she laughed and went to take another bite.

the two of them stood in their kitchen, eating the cake for about ten minutes before putting it away and heading to bed.

"congratulations baby. i'm very happy for you and so proud of you." aries grabbed his hands and intertwined their fingers together.

"thank you." he kissed the back of her hand a few times and smiled.

"i love you champ." she squeezed his hand and laid her head on his shoulder.

"i love you more." he leaned over to kiss her forehead, making her smile.

-
hi there my lovely people 🤗

was this my way of manifesting the warriors winning the championship this year? maybe 👀

anywho, i hope you liked this one!

i need more names of players to write about so
comment some please!

(i already have drafts for paolo, jalen, josh, quentin grimes, james wiseman, dbook, jaylen brown, cade and donte)

love u mean it byeeeeee 🫶