~3~ A new perspective

*Unedited.*
Word count: 1816

The room was silent for what felt like an eternity compacted within moments - no one moving even when the lightning cracked outside with rolling thumder.

The letter held mystery - a want to be shredded of all the secrets it contained.

Delicate secrets. Bloody secrets inscribed with simple, elegant letters near the top corner.

The intellectual lets a small imitation of a smile cross his face - knowing full well of the attention he had total control of.

The raven haired muscisian was the first to move, taking a small, slow breath - weary of the situation unfolding before him.

"I am aware that you all are tired, physically, of the facade you needed to put up. I am aware you all are through with playing these pitiful games in public. However, you need to keep up appearances for just a little longer." Kaito starts, placing the letter between his hands. "All loose ends have been cut- all suspicion put on the backburner after all this time. I applaud each of you. Your patience. But now is not the time to be reckless. Which is why I need you all at your best. I need to have your full trust."

It wasn't long before the golden haired male looked away in mixtures of shame, his head falling between his hands as he hunched over the counter - leaning against it with his elbow on the smooth surface. His hands tighten and tangle around his blonde hair - barely audible grunts greeting the space in strained motions.

"It won't change..."

"Ryo, what's-"

"It won't change..." his voice was weak. His brown eyes shut tightly.
"She will still hate us. She does hate us."
The room felt cold...lonely once again - yet the drop of salty water that fell to the countertop seemed defening.
"...my angel flew out into that cruel world and she hasn't come back."

Guilt flashes across Ren's face, his solemn gaze following Ryo's to the counter.

"Tell me," Kaito speaks up, taking the letter out of the envelope.
A letter showing the wear and tear of having been folded and unfolded many times over the course of many weeks. "Would you like to improve our relationship with the girl?" His teal eyes flick upwards, being met with a few hesitant nods. "And how are we to go about that, if we never see her- show her."

A glance to the muscisian told Kaito everything. How his gaze had shifted to the letter he...like times before now, unfolded.

"Despite every struggle, we have made it this far, haven't we?"

"Doesn't seem to matter..." Jin's response to Kaito's rhetorical question was solemn.

The crimson haired male clears his throat.
"Ryo. You've had low points- multiple opportunities where you could've slipped, started drinking again. And yet, you only faltered a few times." He turns his gaze to the crumpled blonde. "Why is that?"

The question hung with a stale taste - giving Ryo time to gather his thoughts, and after a moment his hand runs through his hair.
He then lifts his head, his downcast eyes glossy.

"She...wouldn't want me to." His voice wanted to crack, yet he remains composed. "I'm doing my best for her...for my angel."

The feigned smile turns Kaito's gaze to the blue eyed male across from him, his hand sliding the letter towards the raven haired muscisian as if feeding his interest in it.
"Bako. You still find purpose to do what you love- even if it isn't as much as you used to. Why is that?" He questions, glancing to the silent muscisian, who began reading the letter to himself.