~23~ A moment of stilled storms

*Unedited.*
Word count: 1641

"Our meeting with the dean is tomorrow...aside from that we'll both be out around the town."

"Make sure they're—"

"'Mostly public places.' We know!"

I stirred at the tone of enthusiasm, lazy eyes cracking open and the hand rubbing my shoulder stilled long enough to show interest in my movement.

A chuckle was distant.

I found myself sighing, turning into the warm chest helping to cradle me.
Once again I was almost surprised at having fallen asleep.

"Ryo already has most of the day planned out. Not to mention the next three." A sigh gathered a few moments for thought. "Let's see...after we meet with the dean, we were going to go out and get breakfast, stop by the dog park on the way. Ryo wanted to go see two movies back-to-back, so around noon we'll be at the theater-"

"Three if we can squeeze it in!" A chipper voice chimes.

A hand then ran through my hair, down across my cheek - another holding me close.

"He wanted to pull an all-nighter." The more docile tone replies, earning a giggle laced with guilt.

"Bako found a cool sushi restaurant too- says he wanted to try it. We were also planning on going to the pumpkin patch downtown. We heard it's very popular- that their hot chocolate is to die for!" The voice got closer in volume. "You're missing out Kaito! Bako and I are going to have a blast...unless- you know, you want to switch—"

"Nice try, Ryo, but no. As enthralling as that all sounds, Ren and myself are quite busy here ourselves." The drawled words of the intellectual once again made my eyes crack open.
A gentle face gazed back down at me, mouthing a quiet hello to my stirred state before tracing my cheek in slow strokes.

"Has she been a handful?"

"Not necessarily...it has been rather nice actually." The redhead answers.

"How is she doing?" The once hyper tone was more calm, softer in care for unseen eyes - much like the shifting of a bed as the figure on the other end of the line plopped down on it.

A careful glance was cast in my direction.
"Right now, sleeping. But she's fine."

"I'm glad. Though if I'm being honest, I still don't like the idea of giving her that...that 'stuff.'"

"It's necessary." The other voice on the line speaks up - both soft in the new leading conversation.

"It's vile..."

"Ryo, I promise I'm only giving her what she needs. Ren is helping to keep an eye on her." Footsteps quietly clicked in my direction, fabric shifting as the lean framed male kneeled down. "If all goes well, we'll be on our way home sooner than you think."

"Really?" The chipper voice speaks up and a hum was its response.

"Bako, I'll be calling you later tomorrow night. Until then stay in line. I have high faith in both of you."

The line was dead within moments, the small device pushed back into the confines of a pocket.
Draped over the male's arm, was a clean shirt.

"You seem tired."

"Could you go get started on dinner, while I get her cleaned up?"
A nod was his response, the muscisian offering a small smile even though his statement was ignored.
"I think tonight should be taken to just rest. We both need it."

Heavy eyes opened at the finger tracing my jaw, a simple command guiding my tired gaze up to soften teal irises.

My smile was weak.