~26~ Taken to silent action

*Unedited.*
Word count: 1705

~~~ No one's pov ~~~

°
°
°

The street lay damp with remnants of rain; dew speckled blades of grass and drying concrete sidewalks - the playground nearby was surrounded by city ends, and though it was bright and cheery with colors and shapes attracting that of small children, it sat unused and void of motion and laughter. The colors sang in tonal harmony under the rusted orange glow of street lamps in desperate need for care.

One flickered - ignored like most of the darkened park nearby.

The air had long grown cold, not helped by the lack of huddled bodies helping to bring the cramped streets of the city to life, nor the busy schedules of loud public transportation - the humming of engines, hiss of brakes and release of tension soon after, the talks of people not focused enough to care who heard their petty dilemmas.
No one could be found under the eerily peaceful scenery - no sirens, no yelling, no shuffled footsteps or overheard conversations.

Barren. Lonely to the eyes of nature hugging the area with trimmed trees and bushes.

Not even a lone car sat abandoned in the parking lot.

Only the rustling of grass and leaves whispering sweet secrets into cold ears.
Everything was quiet even when two figures finally broke through the silence with calming paces.
The wind whistles a silent harmony and the light flickers once again.
Shadows didn't dare to be pushed back and even the night sky was stained inky black.

The figures were clad in jackets - the shorter of the pair appearing more put together with a loose, uniform-looking blazer decorated with small pins and hints of his own unique flare, while his companion was more relaxed with his clothing choices, wearing only a simple t-shirt and gray, zipped up jacket - two small, sleek suitcases rolled along the gravel dusted sidewalk behind them while over their shoulders were slung backpacks.

Regardless of how desolate the park seemed to be, the pair didn't look lost or out of place. Quite the opposite actually as they continued on their way down the street.
A softspoken goodbye could be heard over the phone - the small screen of the flip-phone bright against the night sky and blue eyes were a reflection of dancing color.

The time read to be three forty-two a.m.

Call ended.
Duration: Five minutes, thirty seconds.

The light dims into bleak shadows, the screen flipped down before the tall male pulled out a small, crumpled black bag.
The two stop near the edge of the park - swings creaking with metal chains in the wind - and a snap of a now opened phone back seemed louder against the song of silence. A small chip is removed before the back is replaced and both it and the flimsy phone are placed into the bag. The ends are tied, the item placed on the hard ground before taller male straightens.

Another ring of quiet breathing before a loud crunch shattered under a heavy shoe, the blue eyed male remained calm as he brought his foot up once more, slamming the flat heel against the contents below. A sickening shatter made contact - the crunching of plastic and electronics defiled to nothing but useless waste and mangled pieces.

The process was repeated a few times over, until it was fairly certain the items were utteredly destroyed - but the scenery remained calm as the male stilled, watched by his friend as he leaned down to pick up the now nearly ripped and slightly punctured plastic, scooping it up into another.
He made quick work of tying the ends, discarding the newly made 'art piece' into the trash before dusting off his hands and turning back.

The blonde swallows, features a void as he glanced over the enclosed bin. "...think that did the trick?"

A hum was earned, and the blue eyed male grabs the handle of his suitcase.
"If it didn't...then I'd be surprised."