~15~ Dreaded moments of close connections

*Unedited.*
Word count: 2700

Author's note.

I just wanted to voice my thanks to you all. We have made it to one thousand reads, and I can't tell you all how grateful I am for your support and well words.
I'm so glad you're liking the story so far!

As a small warning, this chapter does get a little darkers towards the last part of the first half, but it is nothing too bad.

On another note, yandere stuff is to come, so I hope you'll all stick with me on this journey!

Thank you all so much, I wish you all the best!

-Mochi<3

°•°•°•□°•°•°•□°•°•°•□°•°•°•□°•°•°•□°•°•°•

...it was fine moments ago.

Everything was fine moments ago -

It needed to be fine.

Would I have been considered a coward for running?

Why did I run?

Why couldn't I get myself to go back?

Each step sent gun shots through my head - breaking the ground to push me faster and further away from the darkened...bloodied view of my past.

It alway catches up.
It always finds you.
It always sneaks back into your life before gutting your hopes.

Twisted views of justice always come back.

The streets were empty - blurred by in tear stained flashes in search for someplace to hide.

Why did they have to be empty?

My heart pounds - ricochet from each ragged breath ripping at the sides of my lungs.

I left them.

They came back.

Warnings were ignored. Payment was now due.

Flesh burned. Skin bruised. Air wrung dry.

My blind panic didn't let me know where I was going - was screaming at me to go back. To help them. To save them. To fight for them.

The rain fell in light flurries.
The disturbed puddles splashing awake with each step.

When did it start raining?

It all happened so fast.

A sob chokes back droplets of tears - my fear running my adrenaline dry and I force myself to stop, to gather breath. The only thing keeping me up was the rough, brick textured side of a building - my knees trembling and wanting to shatter like delicate glass thrown to a hard surface.

Little care was shown.

Mercy not given. Not to them...

A deep breath tears each nerve - the electric light stinging my eyes against the bleak, abandoned city street.

The ringing was deafening - held against my ear in fear that they already were on my tail, were perking up in joy at the sound they were to follow, to narrow down my location and end my delusion of a mildly happy ending.

"Please..." the spoken whisper died.

"Hey! This is Saki," the partly electrified voice beams with joy that left me weak, hope frail and broken. "currently I am unavailable. But feel free to leave me a message- and if I can, I'll get back to you. Have an awesome day!"