Chapter 2: More To It

"She should be up by now" a voice I immediately recognize as Diana's exclaims although she sounds far away. 

"I did everything I could" this time the voice is very deep and I can't seem to pinpoint a name or face to go with it. "It's up to her now"

Feeling the cool metal underneath her, Natillie's senses slowly began to wake up from being on vacation for however long she was out. Bright lights danced across her closed eyelids before she opened them only to cringe. 

Unaware of how long she had been out since she last heard Diana talking to some stranger she turns to the side only to see a giant monitor with a ton of screens along with a keyword that she was pretty sure you couldn't find at  Walmart or better yet BestBuy. Turning the other way to get a better feel of her surroundings she noticed a variety of costume displays except they were currently empty. 

Although as she strained her neck to look up she noticed random objects on a variety of pedestals. Looking past the creepy scarecrow mask, the weird deck of cards stained dark red and the cane with a question mark on the top she saw a black suite in the far back. The outline of a bat on the front along with the remnants of some writing. 

That's when it hit her, sitting straight up she ignored how dizzy she felt as she yanked the IV from her arm. Sliding off the edge of the table and onto her feet she steadies herself as her legs wobble. 

How long was she out?

"Hey! Take it easy." an unfamiliar voice exclaims as she watches a figure jump down from the ceiling landing perfectly beside her.

Staring at the boy who was dressed in a red and black suite with a black cape that had a yellow underside she narrows her eyes at him before noticing the R on his costume. 

He stares at her briefly from behind his black mask as a small smile reaches his lips.

"It's ok. You're safe." he exclaims while reaching out to place a reassuring hand on her shoulder but she steps away from him while looking around once again, slowly putting everything together.

"Safe? I don't even know where I'm at, how can I be safe?" she retorts rather sharply while spinning to look at him which she instantly regrets as she starts seeing two of him. 

Reaching out for something to steady herself she comes up empty and stumbles only for him to grab her by the arm, steadying her in the process. Putting a hand to her head she massages her temples before sighing as she allows him to guide her to a chair.

"That guy really did a number on you" her states while looking at her as he crosses his arms over his chest causing her to glare at him. 

"Look here Boy Wonder-" she begins only for him to cut her off

"Robin" he states rather sharply as she looks up at him from where she sat. "So you know who I am? Do you know where you're at?"

"I wasn't born yesterday. Of course I know who you are: Batman's sidekick which probably mean's I'm in the Batcave. That is what you guys call it right? Or are we just going to go with creepy dark place with extra creepy things in side" Natillie states recalling that section of pedestals that caught her attention when she first woke up. He smiles at her while leaning against the table she was laying on early which slowly brings a smile to her face, however weak it may be.

"Welcome to the Batcave" Robin begins while gesturing around him with a certain grace that she could only dream to have considering she was quite clumsy when it came down to things, not to mention awkward. "Your sister brought you here after the robbery at the Jewelry store and some how I got stuck on babysitting duty. No offense."