Chapter 10: A Poisoned Friend

Despite how Diana was gone, Natillie still had to attend school which was why she was currently sitting through English struggling to stay awake. Turning her attention towards the window she stares out at the flowers that seemed to be at the peak of their existence despite how the fall was rolling around. Staring at the blossoming flowers she narrows her eyes before turning to the teacher as they call her.

"Sorry" she exclaims rather softly while sinking in her chair ignoring how Jake chuckles from behind her until their teacher goes back to teaching. Turning in her chair to look at him she glares rather sharply before he leans in closer to her with a smirk.

Flicking him on the head she turns away with a satisfying smile reaching her lips as he jerks back in his seat. She doesn't bother looking out the window again not wanting her teacher to get on her again so she would do her best to pay attention.

Once the bell rings signaling the end of the class period, she quickly gets up gathering her books in her arms before heading out the classroom with Jake following after her.

"That really hurt" he exclaims while rubbing his forehead as she glances at him to stare at the red mark he was rubbing.

"I'll get Valerie to kiss it for you" she says with a smile as he glares at her.

Walking down the hall and towards her locker in order to put away her books before heading to gym class. She opens her locker before glancing down the hall where a group of boys were huddled. Narrowing her eyes to get a better look she frowns noticing who was in the middle of the huddle of boys.

"Monica" she exclaims with wide eyes before jumping as Kyle appears out of no where

"Jealous much" Kyle exclaims with a smirk as she frowns at him before glancing at Monica with curious eyes while mumbling no. "Aww. Prince you look so much better with a smile" Turning to look at him she simply rolls her eyes before closing her locker.

"Natillie" a familiar voice exclaims catching her attention as both Kyle and her turn to look at Monica who was not dressed like herself. Instead she wore a tight leather skirt with a white v-neck that she dressed up with leopard flats and a leather jacket.

What happened to her superhero shirts?

"Whoa" Kyle exclaims as Monica walks towards them with her brown locks shimmering red as Natillie stares with wide eyes

"What the hell" she states as Kyle turns to her gasping

"Such language, Prince. I didn't know you had it in you." he exclaims while looking at her "I'll see you guys in gym"

Staring at Monica she barely notices Kyle leave as she stares at her best friend. Who links her arm with her's before pulling her towards the gym.

"Are you ok?" Natillie questions while glancing at her with furrowed eyebrows while following her to the girl's locker so they can change.

"Of course. Why?" Monica questions as they reach the locker room. Walking to her gym locker, Natillie puts in her code before shrugging her shoulders.

"You just seem different that's all." she says while changing into her gym shorts and shirt before neatly folding her clothes ignoring how Monica's eyes bore into the side of her head. "Not like it's a bad thing because its not. It's just very very unexpected but uhmm-I like the new look if that's what you want to go with."

"Natillie" Monica states as Natillie closes and locks her locker.

"I mean I'll be your friend even if you looked homeless or if you wore the same shirt everyday or if-"