Chapter 19: Girls Night Out (part 1)

Taking a seat on one of the stools at the counter, she watches as M'gann uses her abilities to help her prepare a new batch of cookies.

"Hi Natillie" M'gann says rather happily with a smile taking over her features

"Hi M'gann" Giving the girl a small wave she watches as the martian moves around the kitchen easily using her abilities to help her.

Staring at the levitated spices and how the bowl continues to stir without her being their Natillie frowns recalling her conversation with the few league members that now know more about her than she wanted.

"Are you sure?" Superman questions causing Natillie to stare up at the dark haired man with piercing blue eyes

"Yes" she says sounding rather annoyed and for once she could see why Conner was always mad at the guy

"But aren't you an Amazon like Diana? And last I checked she doesn't have any abilities like that." Superman questions trying to fully wrap his mind around what she was telling them.

"She is very much an Amazon" Martian Manhuter exclaims catching her attention as she folds her arms annoyed at how they were talking about her as if she wasn't here. 

"And her powers" Black Canary questions rather curiously

"I am not sure" Manhunter exclaims "I could sense them in the exercise but unlike us Martians they are not deeply rooted insider her."

"Because they were given to her" Batman states finally speaking up for the first time while staring at her.

"You know about this?" Canary states with a frown 

"I'm not surprised" Superman says with a sigh rather dismissively

"Diana said you would manifest some kind of ability but she wasn't specific about what kind. I'm not sure she even knew which was why she went to Themyscira." Batman exclaims as Natillie frowns, questioning what else he knew about her.

"So what now?" Natillie demands while looking at Batman

"You learn to control it" he states rather simply "And keep this on the down low. No one else needs to know, not even Robin" Frowning up at him as he specifically points out Robin she folds her arms rather defiantly "At least until Diana gets back."

Shaking the memory for her head she stares at M'gann while debating on whether to approach the older girl on the subject or not. Deciding that she had nothing to loos she sighs.

"Your powers" Natillie begins catching the green girls attention "It must have taken you a while to get this good" Waving her hand around the kitchen she smiles at her

"It did" she exclaims with a smile "But using my powers is like an extension of myself. It's something that becomes a part of you and before you know it, it doesn't require as much focus as you think"

"If they're an extension of yourself then they must be emotionally tied to you" Natillie exclaims although it sounded more like a question

"Yeah" M'gann says rather softly while looking away before smiling up at her "That's the tricky part I guess. The stronger your emotions the harder it is to control but you can also channel it but that's far more advanced." She furrows her eyebrows while looking at Natillie "If you don't mind me asking but why the sudden interest in my powers?"

Way to go Natillie!?

Before she can answer, Wally speeds in greeting the two before briefly distracting M'gann leaving Natillie a clear opportunity to escape.