Chapter 6: My Best Friend Is Batgirl

After getting a text from Barbara that she wasn't at home but at her school, Gotham Academy, Natillie flew in the direction of the school. Landing lightly at the front of the school that seemed deserted she looked around before texting Barbara that she had arrived. 

Noticing that familiar redhead coming down the steps with a smile, Natillie smiles back before noticing how the smile fell from her lips. 

"Get down!" Barbara yelled while tackling her to the ground as something crashed into the school building showering them in glass shards. "You ok?"

Nodding at Barbara, Natillie stares at the hole in the school with narrowed eyes while Barbara climbs off of her.

"I'm gonna go check it out. Stay here." the redhead exclaims before racing up the steps. Not having time to stop her, Natillie scrambles to her feet. 

She needed her costume that she sadly left at home because she was on vacation. 

Did villains not understand the need for a vacation?

Running up the steps she stops abruptly when she hears a mechanical voice say "Access Red Torando" before blasting her with air and sending her crashing into the school doors with a yelp. Pushing herself up she charges after them only for him to say "Martian Manhunter" as she flies through him before he grabs her by the leg and tosses her down the parking lot. 

Crashing into the ground she struggles to get up as she watches the man disappear inside the school. 

Barbara!

Getting to her feet despite how banged up she was, Natillie flies back towards the school following the trail of destruction. Seeing something fly down the hall which she recognizes at a person not a thing she flies in that direction not caring that she wasn't dressed up as Wonder Girl. She'll worry about that later.

Flying towards the boy who landed into some lockers, she helps him up before he pushes her away and slams his fist into a Superman picture.

"Hey" Natillie begins only for the guy to charge after the man or thing that attacked her earlier. His attack is useless as he goes flying through one the walls.

Charging after the man she notices a redhead appear from the shadows before throwing bombs at the guy. They exploded but did nothing as he turns to face the redhead "Access Black Canary", screaming at her the redhead goes flying as Natillie flies towards him. 

Landing a punch on his jaw that barely does anything she's picked up by the neck, her feet dangling freely. Adjusting herself to where she's floating, Natillie jams her elbow into his arm causing him to release her. Kicking him rather easily he stumbles into the wall  before catching himself.

"Access Wonder Woman" He flies towards her knocking the wind right out of her as they crash through multiple walls before he releases her. Struggling to get to her feet he then slams his foot into her chest. Trying to push him off of her the weight intensifies as he says "Superman" before blasting her with heat vision that sends her straight through the third floor and the second before she's hitting the last floor her screams getting lost in the destruction.

Struggling to breath, Natillie rolls over before the same redhead from earlier dressed in a costume that reminded her of Batman's extends a hand to her. Taking it she's pulled to her feet ignoring the ache in her chest and the pain from being blasted. Staring down at her dress the was already tattered and fraying she frowns before pulling her sweater over her bare shoulder.

"Any idea on who that is?" The redhead exclaims rather sharply as Natillie looks up at the hole in the ceiling she created.

"Didn't catch a name but he's not human" Natillie exclaims while flying out of the crater in the floor where she laid. "He appears to have the powers of the League which means we'll have to out smart him, get him distracted when accessing an ability and then counter it"