Chapter 12: Wrecking Ball

Spotting the Happy Harbor beach she descends with far more force than needed as the ground shakes under her. A small crater surrounds her as she falls to her knees in a heap. Her hands dig into the warm sand as she tries to steady herself while breathing raggedly. Man how it hurt to even breath. Holding back the tears that she refused to let escape she can feel the blood running down her face but nothing over powers the constant ache in her body. She was running herself into the ground all week with her hit first and ask questions later policy that she took to heart after her encounter with Moni-Poison Ivy.

The familiar crimson liquid fell from her nose splashing onto the sand as she questioned if it was from her encounter with Aresia or what usually caused random nose bleeds.

Wiping her nose with the back of her hand she fell back onto her butt while she stares at the blood on her hand. 

She shouldn't be bleeding.

1 DAY AGO:

Between filling in for Wonder Woman in Metropolis and working with the team while trying to maintain her normal life, Natillie was spread too thin but she's wasn't going to say anything especially with her desperate desire to hit anything from the anger that welled up inside her.

Walking towards her room she stops upon hearing Aqualad's voice coming from down the hall in the kitchen.

"I'm worried about her well being" her leader exclaims in a voice that is calm but tainted with worry as she begins to fly closer to hear better.

"We all are" Artemis cuts in causing Natillie to stop in her tracks "Ever since her incident with Poison Ivy she doesn't seem to think there's another way to handle the situation than attack head on"

"Which normally I'm ok with cause you know more action but" begins Kid Flash while trailing off

"I don't see the problem" Superboy states bringing a small smile to her face 

"Of course you wouldn't" retorts Kid Flash as Natillie frowns. 

Was she that out of hand? But she was getting the job done what was the problem?

"It's not that. I feel like her encounter with Poison Ivy changed her outlook on justice. Failure is key to learning but the fight was personal. She's much younger than the rest of us and I fear this may all be too much for her." Aqualad continues as she scoffs before flying towards them to set them straight when she stops in her tracks as he continues "She's an excellent addition to the team but I've been watching her not only with the team but also on the news. The destruction she's leaving in her wake is not unlike her but there's more to it and without Wonder Woman, I'm not sure what we can do for her."

Recalling her fight with Killer Frost and Cheetah, she could give them the satisfaction of  her being reckless and rather violent but she was just trying to do her job. She didn't need Diana to babysit her.

"I'll deal with Wonder Girl. You guys need to focus on the mission." a familiar voice exclaims as she frowns her fists slowly clenching with the anger in her. Why wasn't she on this mission? He could not- will not bench her.

Flying towards them she lands catching her team's attention while glaring up at Batman.

"You can't bench me because I get the job done" she practically yells at him suddenly filled with a burning desire to justify herself

"Oh, because crashing through a building is getting the job done" Artemis retorts while folding her arms 

"Yeah. Your definition of getting the job done is completely different than ours" Kid Flash exclaims as she glares at the two wondering when they started agreeing with one another.