Ch. 31 - Helping A Friend

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
"A man does what he can,
but a woman does
what a man cannot."

- Jade
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Chapter 31 - Helping A Friend

▪️L I T I Z I A▪️

I wished that we could have stayed on the island forever, but I knew that we had obligations back in Aelbank City.

It had been over a month since Aleksandr and I had returned from our honeymoon and I was out in the front yard of the mansion preparing for my next race which would be taking place in a few days.

Like the first race, I knew that the riders would be doing some stunts and I had been practicing some new moves.

The way Aleksandr would cringe when I showed him had me laughing, for I still could not get over the fact that he was so overprotective. After all, this man was no stranger to gruesome things, yet you would swear the world was ending when I accidentally scraped my elbow.

"Ty kak?" Aleksandr asked me if I was alright as he rushed to my side.

Hearing the concern in his voice coupled with the Russian words melted my insides and I could not help but caress his face, my fingers enjoying the texture of his low beard.

"Ya v poryadke," I replied simply, telling him that I was fine.

"Are you sure?"

"Aleksandr, it's just a small scrape..." I tried reassuring him.

Grumbling, he had Viktor quickly bring him a first aid kit which they had kept nearby. With his brows furrowed, my husband scolded me as he said, "Litizia, you should not be damaging your skin."

"It's really nothi–"

"I don't like seeing you bleed," Aleksandr interjected as he placed a plaster on my elbow before asking, "Why aren't you wearing protective gear?"

Pouting slightly, I answered, "The other riders don't wear any when they show off their stunts, so I can't either."

"God, since when did you become so reckless?" he muttered.

"What can I say, Sergey and Jade are good teachers... Either way, the more badass I seem, the better right? I mean, I have to make Danica and Michele think that I'm worth investing in," I explained, trying to hold back a smile knowing that I was right.

"I hate that you're starting to get comfortable in this life," Aleksandr protested, his lower lip pouting out.

The cute look on his face made me giggle.

There were just so many sides to this amazing man that it sometimes made my head spin. However, there was something I had been meaning to talk to him about and I figured now would be a good time to bring it up.

"Speaking about getting comfortable..." I started, watching as he cringed while we sat on the curb of the porch.

Aleksandr rubbed his temples, clearly bracing himself.

"Natasha recently got in contact with one of the girls she had been captured with. Apparently, business has not been that great lately and their boss was planning a trip to Aelbank City in hopes of doing business with you,"

My husband's shoulders went stiff as his eyes darkened, "I've heard that Patel and others like him have been trying to rebuild what they have lost. But you must know that I do not do deal with men like that."