Ch. 4 - Some Kind Of Monster

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
"You are to be my wife and there are
some things I would rather keep
 for my eyes only."

- Aleksandr
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Chapter 4 - Some Kind Of Monster 

▪️L I T I Z I A▪️

Aleksandr thought that I wanted to sleep with him. How he even came to that conclusion, only he knew!

Sputtering, I quickly sought to correct him, "W-what? I never said anything about sleeping with you! When I asked about sharing a room, that's all that I meant, just a room."

"Why would we do that?" Aleksandr asked, and I could not tell if he was being serious or making fun of me.

The idea of sharing a room with him unnerved me.

I knew that he would never force himself on me. However, I could not be sure if the same could be said for myself, as in his presence, he made me feel things I had never felt before.

Just the thought of sleeping next to him had my stomach tying up in knots. Vivid images of his tattooed body against my own blemish-free skin excited me more than I cared to admit. And as I continued to stare up at him, I realised that I had yet to answer his question.

Shaking my head, I quickly said, "Erm, I thought that perhaps for appearances' sake, it would make sense that we share a room. I don't wish to embarrass you in front of your men. I know that you have a reputation to maintai–"

Aleksandr's deep chuckle cut me off.

"That's very sweet of you, Litizia... I had no idea that the reputation of my sex life interested you," he teased me softly as his hands moved to rest on my hips.

Trying to keep a straight face, I opposed, "It doesn't!"

Raising an eyebrow, he enquired, "Does that mean you don't plan for us to share a bed then, ever?"

"Never!" I countered, crossing my arms over my chest then added, "Besides, you said that a fuck needed to be earned, and you definitely have not attained that right!"

God only knew why I bothered mentioning the last part, but the words were out of my mouth before I could stop them. It was clear that Jade was rubbing off on me as in the past I would have never dared to be so bold.

Or perhaps Aleksandr was bringing out a new side of me, time would tell.

All I knew was that I was happy at how convincing I sounded, even if my body was saying something else. The heat from his hands burnt through my clothes and my own fingers itched to touch him.

Leaning his face closer, his eyes never left mine as he probed, "But what about your needs?"

Once again, before I could stop myself, I reacted, "I have Mr. Biggs for that."

Aleksandr leaned back a bit, his gaze darkening as he lowered his voice, "Who? I thought you were a virgin?"

"Is that all you men care about?" I countered.

"Personally, it doesn't matter to me. To be honest, virgins can be a lot of work, and many times aren't worth the effort..." Aleksandr stated plainly.

Ouch!

I did not know why his words stung, but I could not dwell on the feeling as he continued.

"My concern revolves around Carlo lying. If he lied about your virginity, who knows what else he may have lied about concerning the land and businesses we just acquired. And if it's one thing that I hate, it's liars," the Russian growled out.