Ch. 3 - Born In A Casket

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
"A fuck must be earned..."

- Aleksandr
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Chapter 3 - Born In A Casket

▪️L I T I Z I A▪️

"Che cavolo..." I muttered 'damn' in Italian as I sat in a room alone with Aleksandr.

Uncle Carlo had just signed the papers, my own signature joining his, effectively signing my life away and there was nothing I could do about it. It was the only way to save the family business, he had said, as well as to protect me.

When I first heard that my husband to be was a forty-year-old Russian, I had braced myself for what he might look like, imagining some bulging belly toad of a man who drank copious amounts of vodka.

To my surprise, he was not what I had expected, far from actually.

Aleksandr Tolstoy was an incredibly tall and handsome man with piercing dark blue eyes. He also had a strong masculine body hiding under his well-tailored suit. From the tattoos that creeped out from the collar of his shirt as well as the ones I observed on the back of his hands, I found myself remembering what he had looked like when I saw him walking bareback at his sex club.

His entire torso was covered in ink, various designs etched over his skin and I wondered if the rest of his body looked the same.

Men with tattoos were sexy! 

There was no denying this, but I had never seen a man with so many before. The artist in me was awestruck and every time I had seen him since, I always ended up undressing him in my mind.

As I sat facing him, I was doing my best not to stare at that low beard of his. I always admired a man with neatly trimmed facial hair. I felt like it added an extra layer of masculine appeal.

Ugh!

Aleksandr was definitely not what I was expecting. Why did he have to be so damn good-looking? His eyes were particularly distracting, which is why I always had to force myself to look away whenever our gazes locked.

The man was clearly dangerous, and not just because he was a feared mafia boss. In fact, I rather he put his gun in my face than stare at me with those hungry eyes of his.

I sighed as I pushed my thoughts away.

Dominic, Jade, and my uncle had left Aleksandr and myself to talk. But honestly, what was there to say? I was being forced to marry a man I did not know, and from the look on his tense face, he did not seem to be happy about it either.

Although I suppose for a pimp who owned a sex club and fucked a different woman every night, he never had any intentions of settling down.

Not that I blamed him, as the thought of marriage did not really appeal to me either.

We were living in the twenty-first century and a woman's success was still based on her ability to get a husband as well as to show society how many children she could carry.

Like seriously?

Do not get me wrong, I was not looking down on women who aspired to have those things. But for me, I always thought that my life would be different.

Did I want children and a husband? Sure, but I was looking forward to experimenting and doing so much more before even thinking about settling down. Especially since I had basically been locked away most of my life, never being allowed to do anything fun.