Ch. 27 - Dog Days Are Over

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
"With the right person,
love is possible,
even for monsters like us."

- Dominic
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Chapter 27 - Dog Days Are Over

▪️A L E K S A N D R▪️

Today was the wedding.

So far, everything was going according to plan and thankfully nothing was on fire.

Although, from all the shouting Jade did before she entered the room, I figured we were just one slipup away from seeing an explosion of some sort. Jade, like myself, wanted things to be perfect for Litizia and between Hannah and her, well, let's just say that no one was foolish enough to try and mess anything up.

The backyard of the villa had been elegantly decorated for the wedding ceremony and reception. Hannah and Mikayla had definitely outdone themselves where all the wedding preparations were concerned and I could not wait to go and stand by the altar and wait for my future wife.

I was upstairs in one of the bedrooms getting dressed.

"Looks like your dog days are really over now," Sergey said with a grin as he helped me into my dark grey jacket.

With a scoff, Jade remarked, "Who are you fooling? Those days were over the minute he laid eyes on our girl Zia."

Frowning slightly at being called out, I tried changing the subject, "Speaking of her, shouldn't you be with the bride?"

"Don't worry, I'm heading back now. I just came in to check on you, make sure that Sergey here didn't convince you to do anything stupid," she answered starkly.

"Hey! There's no need for insults, I like Litizia a lot! I'd never do anything to jeopardise today! Besides, I don't need that Cupid woman on my ass any more than she is!" Sergey stated then grumbled, "Fuck, I thought you were a nightmare..."

Jade eyed him from head to toe before replying, "Uh huh..."

We heard her mutter something about Natasha before she turned on her heel and left the room. The smooth fabric of her light grey dress was the last thing we saw before the sound of her slamming the door caused us to cringe.

"Fuck, she's intense..." Sergey breathed out.

"Try not to cause a scene today, will you?" I joked though being slightly serious.

Dusting at my shoulders, he replied, "Me? Why don't you talk to Jade? I don't know why she can't just stay out of my business. She's the one who's been causing trouble these last few days, even managing to rope Litizia in! Trying to sort out my love life as they call it, pfft, as if I need help in that department."

Looking away from the mirror, I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Don't you dare start on that again! I told you both that Natasha and I will never work, she's too damaged. I don't know how to deal with that," Sergey claimed as he went on to fix his own black jacket.

"We're all damaged in one way, shape, or form, my friend," I told him as I looked back at my reflection.

Litizia said that she loved the colours grey and black on me. So, I opted for a dark grey tuxedo with a black shirt and matching grey tie. As I ran a hand over my neatly trimmed beard, I had to admi that I looked good.

"Alright, stop eye fucking yourself. Want me to take a picture for Litizia?" Sergey winked as he smirked at me.

Scowling, I ignored him as my mind ran on her once again.