Ch. 38 - Pillow Talk

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
"It better be thoughts of me,
making you smile like that..."

- Aleksandr
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Chapter 38 - Pillow Talk

▪️L I T I Z I A▪️

The last three months went by quicker than expected.

Glancing at the digital clock on the bedside table, I noted that it was almost 6am. Laying on my back, I yawned and stretched as I watched the morning sunlight peek through the curtains of our master bedroom.

Lauren had delivered baby Aurelio via C-section over two weeks ago. It had been such a hectic day for Jade who had been on edge, not wanting anything to go wrong. Unfortunately, due to some unforeseen complications, only the doctors and nurses were allowed in the room.

I had done my best to keep Jade calm, while Vincent and Aleksandr tried to keep Dominic from losing his temper when he felt like things were taking too long.

Thankfully, the procedure was a complete success.

In terms of assigning godparents to Aurelio, usually a male child can have two godfathers and one godmother. However, Jade and Dominic were not known to adhere strictly to traditions, and as such, Aurelio had five godparents in all. His three godfathers were Vincent, Quintin, and Aleksandr, while his godmothers were Natasha and myself.

To say that Aurelio was well loved, was an understatement.

When I first saw baby Aurelio, my heart fluttered wildly. He had the most intense blue eyes I had ever seen, a mirror of his father's. Aurelio's skin was pale, but he did not seem to have inherited Dominic's skin condition.

Aleksandr and I were heading over to the Calvetti residence later today. We wanted to drop off a few more baby items as well as to check in on everything, seeing as everyone was still adjusting.

With a sigh, I turned to look over at my sleeping husband, a smile coming to my face.

The Aelbank City Russian mafia boss was such a handsome man and I particularly enjoyed watching over him while he slept. It was one of the few times that I ever got to witness Aleksandr with his guard completely down. He was sleeping on his stomach with his hands stuffed under the pillow; his lashes were so long, fanning against his cheek.

I knew that he was excited to see baby Aurelio again, eager to be a father himself.

To many in the outside world, it may have seemed as though Jade pressured me into wanting to get pregnant earlier than intended. But I was not the same person that I had been when I got married and my reservations about having a baby had drastically changed over the last few months.

The truth of the matter was that Aleksandr was already forty-one, and having recently turned twenty-two myself, I felt like now was a great time for us to start a family.

Especially given Aleksandr's age, looking back on my previous hesitations, waiting until he was nearly fifty seemed a bit selfish. Contrary to my earlier beliefs, having a child would not inhibit me from living a full life, particularly since money was not a problem. Coupled with the fact that I loved Aleksandr so much, I wanted to create a family with him and felt like there was no need to wait.

Of course, with Aurelio in the picture, the idea of our children growing up together was a plus.

As my eyes trailed over the muscles of Aleksandr's back, I reminisced about our first time being in the dungeon at The Purple Angel.