𝘿𝙚𝙨𝙤𝙡𝙖𝙣𝙘𝙚

"𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐰𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐟𝐥𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐨𝐧, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐟𝐥𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐬 𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞𝐬."

Isolation had always been a familiar concept to Kat, as anxiety and genuine fear of human interaction had plagued her life since she were small. Wrecking all possible opportunity of a normal childhood. Although, she would have never thought that after meeting the crusaders, that she would be thrown back into its cold grasp.

She was certain she found her place amongst these strange people. She found familial comfort in Mr Joestar and Avdol, similar to fatherly love that she had been deprived of for so long. Even Polnareff provided that sense to an extent, as he reminded her of those cool older-brothers she'd see in films. But for them to throw her to the side so easily? It made her question their true feelings about her, if they even cared about her in the first place. She felt a twinge of pain in her heart as she thought about her friends: Kakyoin and Jotaro. It had been years since Kat had any connections with people other than her caretakers. Although it was a bit selfish of her to say, her main intentions of joining this endeavour was to stay in touch with the two boys. These past countless days have meant the world to her.

Stand users truely attract one another.

Kakyoin was so caring, and shared many interests with her - yet unlike many others who shared those same traits, he was able to interact with Kat and accomodate to her social insecurities. He made her feel welcome. He made her remember the joy of having friends. Jotaro was a cold, harsh, and intimidating teen. So much, when encountering him at school before this, she would immediately shy away and avoid him. Although, as she slowly started to peel back his walls, and learn more about him, she found a caring, thoughtful young man who wasn't scared to stand up for whats right. She wanted to understand him more.

It had been hours since the crusaders had left the hotel room, yet Kat didn't have the strength (both physical nor mental) to get up off the white sheets of the bed. A small sheet of paper in her worn hands. It was a letter from Mr Joestar - one that he had quickly written down before leaving. Anne is safe, and had left the hotel soon after Kat had fainted. A worker from the Speedwagon foundation will pick her up (as well has her belongings) soon to transport her back to Japan, where she will reside with the rest of the staff. He believes this is the safest place for her to be until the whole 'Dio' situation cools down. 

She frowned at that. Why was Dio after her? Although the name was familiar, she couldn't place her finger on who he really was. Did she somehow anger him? Does he consider her a threat after joining the Joestars? No... Cause he would attempt to capture the rest of them, right?

Her thoughts were interrupted by a small knock at the room's door, before the handle started to turn. She quickly jumped off the bed, summoning Sapphire in a defensive position. A stand attack so soon?

Just as the door creaked open, Kat couldn't help but throw a punch towards the crack. If she was lucky, she'd be able to catch the enemy off guard. 

As her fist was cutting through the air, it suddenly stopped mere centimetres from the intruder- or- man's face. Her eyes widened.

He was a middle aged man dressed in the Speedwagon foundation's uniform, his straight blond hair neatly tucked into his cap. He was tall, not as tall as the Joestars, but tall enough to make Kat look upwards. He had brilliant green eyes that have been darkened over the years, but still held his signature gleam. 

Eyes that Kat knew all too well.

"P-Phillip?" She whispered so softly, that even the drop of a pin could overpower in sound.