Ch 13: A Moment

Kara POV:

The sun splashed against my skin as I floated high up in the sky, here I could find peace, here I could ignore the loud sounds of the world. The only sound was a calm and steady heartbeat sounding in my ears, almost like a mantra.

I could hear Lena walking through the halls and out towards the training facility, not being able to find me she called out. Smiling, I shot down like a rocket, meeting her in a second flat. Used to it by now she holds up a lead lined briefcase, holding my hands out I tried to grab it.

"Be gentle and nice with it Kara, it's new and I don't want you trashing it already." She handed it over.

"When have I trashed anything?" I scoffed.

"You broke the oven this morning." She deadpanned.

"It burnt my sandwich." I grunted.

"Who puts a sandwich in the oven?" She looked confused.

"It makes everything warm… I don't have to explain myself!" I stick my tongue out.

She rolled her eyes as a grin was placed on her lips, focusing back on the case, I quickly opened it and pulled out a new suit.

It was black with a dark gold accent around the waist and hands, the cape was a deep maroon red along with the boots. The symbol of my house is a deep gold that shined when light reflected off it.

I instantly changed into the suit, the cool material quickly heating up as the sun beat down on it. I could feel the sun rays intensify the longer I stayed under the sun.

"It's highly durable, can withstand Vast amounts of heat, cold, pressure, and the vacuum of space. It will also help you absorb the sun's rays, not that you need it, and it will help store it in case you are without the yellow star." Lena rattled off the abilities of the suit.

"It's amazing!" I swept her up in a hug.

Floating off the ground slightly I twirl her before setting her back down and taking off into the sky. I soaked in as much sun as possible, the wind clearing my head and soothing my body.

I flew around the world quickly, rocketing faster than anyone could see. Landing back at the Manor I jumped in place and shook off the extra jitters. Lena strode over to me, looking around confused.

"Problem?" I smiled.

"Where's Diana?" She focused her gaze on the sky.

"Oh, the League asked her to go on a galactic mission, she won't be back for a couple days." I explained.

"Right, but wouldn't they have heard the news of Atom? Or anything by now?" Lena thought out loud.

"Not necessarily, the big hitters went with her, that leaves the lesser known or the weaker ones to guard and watch over earth. They wouldn't be smart enough to check on Atom or try to track him down, he's a bit of a loner and asshole." I calmed her down.

"So we have a few days before they try looking for Atom or reliving you're back?" She rubbed her head.

"Possibly yes." I confirmed.

"Fantastic." She rolled her eyes.

Moving past me she went towards that Manor without another word, I was left confused on why she would worry. I was going to kill them after all? She didn't have to lift a finger, I didn't want her to. She is too good to have to kill someone. Letting her be, I move back to the sky and bask in the rays