Chapter 7 : The Egyptian God of Life

"Uhm, hey?" Sam stares at the hippo with great confusion and shock. Taweret smiles, raising her hoof and waving at the slightly shorter girl. "Hello, It's a pleasure to meet you. I always love meeting new people. Especially a strong woman like yourself" The hippo compliments her. Sam rubs her eyes, still in a state of confusion. "I'm sorry, who are you? And... Since when do hippos talk?" Sam asks after she's done with her eyes, clarifying to herself that she definitely wasn't dreaming. The friendly and giddy hippo realizes that seeing her may have shocked her a little too much."Oh, how rude of me. My name is Taweret and I am the Egyptian god of life. I know this is very strange but I assure you that I am very real" Again, she greets herself gladly. "Okay, so why am I here and seeing you?" Sam asks, still trying to understand what was happening and why.

"Well, I believe your friend is in trouble-" Taweret starts. "-Girlfriend" Sam interrupts the hippo, correcting her as she listens. The hippo nods. "Yes, sorry. It's hard to keep track of everyone when you've met billions" She says, leaving Sam stunned by the thought of what she said. "Khonshu is the god of the night sky and Charlie is Khonshu's avatar. He calls her Moon Knight! Very cool! Anyway, They were both tracking down a man who is on a path to release a very powerful and dangerous god. In their last battle, Khonshu was injured and had to go get himself powered back up ready to tackle the threat once again. Khonshu sent me to get Charlie so they can reunite, power Khonshu up and stop the bad guy!" Taweret explains thoroughly, trying to make everything clear to her new blonde friend. "Okay, I can kind of follow all of that but... Who's Charlie?" Sam says, unaware of who one of the unexplained people she mentioned was. The hippo looks shocked.

"Oh... Don't you know?" Taweret asks, being vague on what Sam didn't have information about. "No, what is it?" Sam asks. "Well, we'll get to that in a minute. Sam, we need to get Charlie to Khonshu. The world is in grave danger, we need your help Sam. I need your help" The hippo speaks in a serious, but soft tone. "Does this mean we'll be getting Luna out?" Sam asks. Taweret nods in response. "I'm in," Sam says.

The world around them begins to change, the sand blowing every direction until it vanishes into thin air, bringing them back to the hospital. Sam looks back up at the building, remembering what had occurred. Thinking of what happened boils her blood, but she knows she has to stay focused. "How do we even get in?" She asks the hippo now standing next to her. Taweret looks over at her, looking down slightly from their small height difference. "Let's not forget, I am the god of life" she smiles down at the girl, raising her hands. The pair's spirit forms rise from their bodies and they float in the air. "Woah!" Sam looks down, seeing her boots no longer clinging to the ground like they were seconds earlier. The ground gets farther from the two until they slow down in the air. "Pretty cool right!? Let's go" Taweret laughs, then pulls herself and Sam into the building.

After phasing through a few walls and objects, they wind up in the same room Sam had been in earlier. The door to the room flings open, making Sam and Taweret jump. Two men come into the room, dragging the unconscious body of Charlie inside with them. They toss her onto the floor and turn away, leaving as The spirits look down at the body in shock, especially Sam.

Quickly, Sam drops down and reaches for Charlie, but as soon as her hands nearly touch her body, they go straight through. "What the hell?!" Sam says, wanting to lift the body of her lover from the ground, but still being unable to do so. Taweret comes up next to Sam, getting down on her knees and taking her hand. "Come on" The god says, placing her hand on Charlie's forehead.

One second, the pair is in the hospital with her girlfriend's unconscious body, the next second passes and they're in a hallway, no longer with a body between them. They both stand up, looking around the endless white corridor.

Sam turns around slowly, soaking in the little surroundings near them. As she looks, she notices a door slightly ajar. Out of curiosity, she walks towards the room. Opening the door wider, she stands in the doorway. Taking in her surroundings, she is shocked and confused once again. A single bulb in the middle of the ceiling lights up the whole room. This allows her to see what was inside. Looking straight ahead of her, she can see her girlfriend.