Chapter 2

It had been a week since I had gotten the letter from the Academy. I checked our mailbox everyday. I had opened the front door and walked down the path to the mailbox and took a deep breath and opened it. I grabbed all the envelopes filled with letters and skimmed through. Bills, letters from grandparents, advertisements. I had stopped when I noticed a gold horse head and a red shield logo. I read it and it said To Alexis Davis please open as soon as possible. I rushed inside with the other letters in my hand and threw them onto the dining room table and yelled for my mother. "I got it! I got it!" I screamed like a 6 year old on Christmas day. 

"Well open it!" Her mother said. I nodded, quickly opening it.

Dear Alexis Davis,

We are happy to say that you are accepted into our Academy. You will be starting Saturday September 17th. The plane ticket and everything else you will need to know is in the second paper in this envelope.

Signed,
Headmaster Ethan White

I had made my expression look upset and my mother had put a hand on my shoulder and said "It's ok we can go get ice cream after dinner-" 

"Got you! I am accepted! I will be starting in 2 days! They have the plane ticket and everything in this paper" 

"Wait- What do you mean 'plane ticket?'" 

"I don't know it said 'The plane ticket and everything else you will need to know is in the second paper'" My mother had quickly grabbed my hand and pulled me into her office to look up the Academy. Once it popped up she had read "'White Ridge Academy is located in northern England in the United kingdom' No you are not doing it! You Have no one to stay with!" 

"But mum! I can stay on my own" She had looked at the website for a moment before heading to the kitchen and grabbing the phone and dialing a number. Once they had picked up she had let up a sigh and said. "Justin I know I had said I wouldn't call you again but I have a reason this time. Abigail needs a place to stay in England and you're the only person we know that lives there" 

My eyes had widened once I had heard the name. No, I am not staying with him! He had sounded surprised once she had said my name. "Thank you Justin, she will be arriving Saturday at the airport. Now goodbye" She had hung up with lots of aggression and looked at me "You will be staying with you father"