Chapter 6

The image above is Ebony

~~~~

I had woken to the sounds of light knocking on the door and a voice. Since I had just woken up, I couldn't really tell what they were saying. Once I had dragged myself out of bed, I had realized it was my father and he was telling me something about "Getting up, breakfast is ready. I need to tell you something then" I had quickly walked over to the dresser and picked out a pair of blue jeans, a red plaid shirt. I slipped the jeans on as well as the shirt over my head and grabbed my tall, black riding boots.

I had opened the door slowly hurrying downstairs for breakfast. Try to be nice and not lose your temper this time I told myself. "Good Alexis I need to let you know we are having a change of plans. You'll be staying at the academy for the rest of the summer. Me and Mary thought it would be best since we don't have any space for Ebony or your tack" 

I stood there shocked at what he said, He's throwing me out. Again?  I nodded slowly and quickly grabbed the toast that had just popped out of the toaster and went back up to my 'room' and started putting my clothes I got out the previous night into my suitcase. 

I heard the door creak open and turned to see Mary. "Hello Alexis, I thought we should talk about this before you leave. Your father thinks it's best for you to go to the academy since you'll have more time with Ebony, and you'll be able to do your horse chores and that kind of stuff earlier. You'll also have more space for your supplies" 

I nodded to Mary, understanding that she was right. "I- I understand thank you, but-" 

"Yes, I understand your worries if we'll be able to visit you- We will, and we'll send letters, texts, gifts, all sorts of things. But before you finish packing up, I thought you might want to have something for you" She got up and motioned for me to follow her to her bedroom. Once we entered, she opened a drawer and grabbed a necklace that had a horse running on it.

"Here it was mine, but I think you should have it" 

I stared in awe. "T-thank you!" 

"You're welcome but please be careful it has a lot of sentimental value to it, and I would hate for something to happen to it" 

I nodded "I'll take good care of it don't worry" she handed me it and I took it carefully putting it on. 

"Now grab your stuff and make sure you have everything" I nodded, walking to my room and grabbing my bag and phone. I took one last glance around the room in case I forgot anything. When I was sure I was ready I turned around and headed to the front door as my Justin took my bags and carried them to the truck. He threw them into the bed of the truck as I climbed into the backseat looking outside the window. I had slowly drifted off to sleep not even realizing it.

When I had woken up, I looked outside the window to see the Academy that I had seen in the pictures. I had opened the door bolting out looking around. 

This was going to be a great summer.