Poker

A few days after Ransom had sent the necklace I kept receiving little gifts at home or work. Little things or reminders from our time together. Today I was sitting in my office when Janie came walking in with a small gift box. I groaned seeing it.

"When did that come in?" I asked.

"While you were in that meeting." Janie said and I groaned.

I opened the box and saw 2 poker chips. One was from the set I bought him for his birthday the first year we were together that we always played with and then there was another one I had never seen. It was a black chip with a design on it of 2 interlocking hearts and had our names on it. There was just a simple note in the box.

 There was just a simple note in the box

-I'm all in Faithy. You always liked when I was all in.-

I groaned and closed my eyes annoyed by the note because this fucker knew exactly how to push my buttons.

♠♥♣♦ FLASHBACK, 2 YEARS AGO ♠♥♣♦

Ransom and I had been together 6 months when his birthday rolled around. I had no clue what to get him and he wouldn't give me any ideas. I was in the local department store that I knew I could get his favorite cologne at when something caught my eye. I left the cologne counter and headed over to the display case.

"This catch your eye? We just got it in today." The sales lady said and I smiled.

"It did. Trying to find the gift to give the man who has everything." I said and she smiled.

"Does he play poker?" She asked.

"Occasionally. I bet he would with this set." I said and smiled. "I'll take it." I said and she smiled as she worked on getting me rung out. I came up with the plan the whole way to Ransom's house. I knew he was out all day and I would have plenty of time to set this up.

*****A FEW HOURS LATER*****

Ransom got back to his place and saw a note on the door.

-Wanna play some poker?-

Ransom was highly confused by this note, usually I hated playing cards with him. I hated card games in general. Ransom unlocked the door and went inside. He saw the lights dimmed and soft music playing in the background. He saw a clothes on the floor in a trail to the dining area, which he gladly followed. There I was leaning on the table holding a glass with his favorite whiskey in it only wearing a short silk robe . Ransom walked over to me.

"I was thinking strip poker..." I said and he growled as he passionately kissed me. He looked at the chips and cards.

"Faithy is this new set?" Ransom asked and I nodded.

"Happy Birthday Ransom." I said and he passionately kissed me again.

"So strip poker is the game you sure you want to play?" Ransom asked and went to pull the tie on the robe. "You seem to not have much to lose sweetheart." Ransom toyed with the tie and I smiled.

"I'm being fairly confident. I said going and sitting down dealing out the cards. At the end of the first game I won and I smiled at Ransom.

"Come on Drysdale...take something off and none of this one shoe crap. If it's an article of clothing that's a pair they both come off." I said and he laughed taking off both shoes. As the games progressed Ransom kept losing and was getting very aggravated. He was down to his boxers and I knew this last hand was the deciding game of who would be naked first. I had a plan and I hope it worked in my favor. I pushed all my chips forward.

"I'm all in Ransom, what about you? You wanna be all in?" I asked seductively.

"You have no fucking idea." Ransom said and I smiled at him as he pushed all his chips in. We showed out card and I had the worst possible hand that I knew anything he had would beat. Once he realized he won he looked at me with dark eyes.

"Lose the robe sweetheart." Ransom said. I stood up as did Ransom and I could see his boxers being tented and wondered how long it had been like that. I started to untie it. "No stand in front of me." Ransom said and I walked over and got between him and the table. I started to untie the robe and let it fall to the ground as Ransom passionately kissed me. As he kissed me he lifted me up and sat me on the table and I push his boxers to the floor then wrapped my legs around his waist. He laid me down on the table pushing everything off it...

♠♥♣♦END FLASHBACK♠♥♣♦

I was brought out of the flashback when there was a knock on my office door. I looked up and saw Linda, Ransom's mother.

"Linda...what can I do for you?" I asked and she smiled walking in.

"I'm coming to check on you sweetie. Ransom said he has been trying to win you back." Linda said and I huffed a laugh.

"Yeah I usually get a gift a day from him. This is todays." I said showing her the poker chips.

"Does poker mean something to the two of you?" Linda said and I nodded with a small smile. She then saw that was wearing the sea glass necklace.

"That from him too?" She asked and nodded.

"Too pretty not to wear." I said and she smiled.

"Faith, what happened between you two?" Linda asked. I sighed and looked down at the poker chips.

"He never said?" I asked and she shook her head.

"No, he said that it was a stupid reason and he would get you back." Linda said and I huffed a laugh.

"I love how he is so confident." I said and Linda huffed a laugh.

"Like Harlan." She said and I nodded in agreement.

"Linda, I gave Ransom two and a half years of my life. I'm not saying that I knew we would make it that long at the start but once we got there I was ready for the next step. I wanted to get married, have a family and I could see it all with Ransom. When I brought up wanting a commitment from him and maybe moving forward he panicked and told me he wasn't ready. Not ready...it had been two and half years. I couldn't wait much longer, we aren't getting any younger." I explained and Linda groaned.

"You know that boy sometimes. Richard and I may not have been the best example of a perfect marriage but he knows it's possible and I know he knows its possible with you. Why he won't take that step I have no clue." Linda said and I sighed.

"He is going to have to stop with the gifts though. I mean the rate we are going he is going to buy me a car soon." I said and Linda laughed.

"Want me to talk to him?" Linda asked and I shook my head.

"No, I will get it under control." I said and she smiled.

"Well I came to check on you on my lunch break. Just don't be stranger okay, we all love you and miss you." Linda said. I smiled, got up and we hugged.

"Love you guys too." I said and Linda walked out. I sat back down at my desk and sighed. I grabbed the poker chips and smiled at the memory...

"Well played Drysdale." I said and put them in my purse.