Hospital Visits

I woke up the next morning and I felt instantly sick, I hadn't feel sick for a few weeks of being pregnant. I ran to the bathroom and emptied my what I already thought empty stomach into the toilet. I leaned against the wall once I was done.

"Faith?" I heard Linda's voice say from outside the bathroom door and I moaned and she came walking in. She crouched down beside me and I just looked at her. "Sweetie, are you okay?" She asked and I clutched my stomach and closed my eyes passing out as Linda caught me.

*****RANSOM POV*****

No one ever brought Faith home and I figured she didn't want to come home. I was about to leave to go over to Harlan's to talk to her when my cellphone rang, it was my mother.

"Mom, do you now if Faith stayed at Harlan's?" I asked. I heard Linda sigh.

"Ransom, come to the hospital." Linda said.

"The hospital...what's going on?" I asked. I couldn't get my feet to move. I knew what she was about to say but I didn't want to hear it.

"It's Faith, Ransom. Just get to the maternity ward of the hospital." Linda said and hung up. I don't remember leaving the house or driving to the hospital. Once I arrived I followed the signs to the maternity ward, I ran to the desk.

"I'm Ransom Drysdale, I'm Faith Carlson's...boyfriend." I said and then I noticed how bad that sounded running up to the desk. She typed on her computer and then handed me a visitors pass.

"Room 4." She said. I ran through the door and found room 4. Once I walked in I saw her sleeping in the bed with a couple things hooked up to her. I saw Linda sitting there beside her. Linda looked up and saw me looking at everything she was hooked up to.

"What happened?" I asked.

"She woke up and got sick this morning. When I went to check on her she clutched her stomach and passed out on me Ransom." Linda explained.

"The babies?" I asked. It was then I realized how much of a little boy I sounded like who was scared.

"They are fine. The fetal monitor is just a precaution." Linda said.

"So what happened?" I asked.

"They are thinking her blood pressure and blood sugar all mixed together. Did she eat anything yesterday?" Linda asked and I thought back.

"She had a couple pieces of toast before we left for the therapy session, we didn't eat lunch and she wasn't home during dinner." I said and Linda groaned.

"She didn't eat lunch or dinner Ransom! And a few pieces of toast can't sustain a pregnant lady all day. Also the fighting, constant worry and upset aren't good for her." Linda said.

"Don't worry him with this Linda, he doesn't care." I heard a voice say from the bed and looked to see Faithy looking out the window in her room. I looked at my mom and she gave me a stern look, I knew what she was saying with no words just a look.

*****NORMAL POV*****

I woke up to Linda explaining to Ransom why I was in the hospital and I didn't want him there are worried. He didn't need to be there, there was no need.

"Don't worry him with this Linda, he doesn't care." I said and I heard Ransom groan. I heard Linda walk out and Ransom came into my line of sight.

"You think I don't care?" Ransom asked and sat down.

"Nope." I simply said and Ransom hung his head.

"Faithy...."

"Why Ransom? Why don't you want to marry me? Do you want an easy out? Do you even love me?" I asked and he heard my heart monitor started beeping fast. He grabbed my hand and placed another hand on my cheek.

"Faithy please calm down..." Ransom said. I took a deep breath.

"I just want an answer Ransom. I don't think it's that hard to answer." I said and he sighed.

"I don't want to be my parents sweetheart. Their marriage is less than perfect." Ransom said.

"Ransom I got news for you. We aren't Linda and Richard...thank god. We are Faith and Ransom. We make our own destiny and life." I said and Ransom sighed with a smile.

"Faithy...when we decided to wait to think about relationship on the kids first birthday I thought we could discuss marriage then." Ransom said and I groaned.

"Discuss?" I asked and he sighed.

"I said I would marry you. Eventually sweetheart and I mean it. You have to give me time." Ransom said and I sighed.

"I have given you time. Years Ransom. If you don't know yet if you want to be with me, I don't know why we continue. Last night Harlan offered for me to move into the house for a while and I think it's a smart choice. I think you and I moving together like we did wasn't the best but I sold my place. So, I'm going to move in there for a while. I already sent Marta to the house to get some clothes for me along with some personal effects. I think moving in this soon together wasn't a good idea." I said and Ransom sighed.

"Faithy, we were doing fine together." Ransom said.

"We made it one night of living together and in that night and in the morning we had sex, the thing we know best, the thing that helped us survive. I can't live on that anymore Ransom, I need more. I still want to be with you and I still want to try us but I'm moving in with Harlan." I said and Ransom sighed.

"Fine. I think I can live with that." Ransom said and I nodded.

"Good because you don't have any other choice." I said. Ransom huffed a laugh.

"I like this assertive side of you. Where did this come from?" Ransom asked.

"Must be the mama bear in me finally coming out." I said and Ransom gave a small nod. Before we could talk anymore the doctor came walking in.

"Good, now that you are both here, we should talk." The doctor said.