Baby Shower

*****2 MONTHS LATER*****

I was lying in bed 7 months pregnant and just ready to be done with this pregnancy. I felt and looked like a beach whale and I was over it. My bedrest had been semi lifted and I had a little bit more freedom to move around which I thought was a cruel joke because I didn't feel like moving around.

"Marta!" I yelled for her and she came in and smiled at me. "I'm sorry I yell for you." I said and she shook her head.

"It's not a problem Faith. What do you need?" She asked and I reached out my hands and she laughed. She walked over to me and helped me sit up. "How are Thing 1 and Thing 2 today?" She asked and I laughed. This was Ransom's doing, he refused to compromise on names I liked.

"They're being very difficult. I have to go to the bathroom then I have a go game with Harlan." I said and she smiled helping me to the bathroom.

"You have been playing every day when Ransom is gone..." Marta said and I nodded.

"I'm determined to beat Ransom..." I said and she laughed. Once I was done getting ready I waddled into Harlan's office and he looked at me smiling.

"How are my great grandbabies today?" Harlan asked as they started kicking.

"Excited to hear your voice obviously." I said walking over to him and taking his hand so he could feel them kick and he smiled.

"They love Grandpa Harlan." He said and I smiled. Harlan and I then went and sat at the table and started playing go. He was teaching me trick moves and everything he knew. We weren't even sure how long we had been playing when Ransom walked in.

"This is how you have been getting better!! You're going behind my back!" Ransom said faking annoyance and shock. I laughed as he came over and kissed me.

"I have to do something, you cheat!" I said and Ransom looked shocked but Harlan nodded in agreement.

"Thank you! No one else believed me!" Harlan said and we laughed. Ransom leaned down and kissed my stomach.

"Thing 1 and Thing 2 been active today?" Ransom asked.

"Can we please agree on names? I don't want them to be Thing 1 and Thing 2 forever." I said and Ransom shrugged.

"Bend to my will and we can agree." Ransom said and I shook my head. Harlan and I finished our game and I noticed I won.

"Way to go babe! Now just have to beat me..." Ransom said and we laughed. We heard the front door open.

"Hello?!" I heard Linda yell out.

"In here!" I answered and she walked in. She smiled seeing all of us.

"Okay go time is over. Time to plan the baby shower." Linda said and we smiled.

"And I'm out..." Ransom said and I grabbed his hand.

"I don't think so baby daddy. It's a co-ed shower, you are planning and coming." I said and he groaned and I smiled at him. "Bend to my will Ransom." I said mocking him and he growled but leaned down and kissed me. Linda helped me stand up and we headed into the sitting room.

"Everything planned on your end?" Harlan asked Ransom and he smiled with a nod.

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

It had been a few days and we were all sitting in the dining room having a lunch and bridal shower. I invited Janie to come since I needed to talk some business with her any way and Ransom was beside me the whole time never leaving my side.

"So I was thinking..." I said to Ransom, he looked at me.

"What's that?"

"I think after today...." I started to say and then Joni stood up.

"Okay present time!" She announced and I sighed. I looked at Ransom.

"Later." I said and he kissed me as I got up from where I was sitting and we walked into the sitting room that was full of presents. Harlan insisted on going last and told us it was his right. We all laughed.

"Technically I'm going last but I'll give him this." Ransom whispered in my ear and I laughed. We went through all the gifts. Richard and Linda giving us strollers, car seats and everything else we would need for travel which I knew was so I would bring them over to her all the time even though she didn't say so. Joni announced that I inspired her to start a Baby Flam line and she gave us all the new products of lotions, diapers, wipes...everything.

"Joni are you wanting to use my babies as guinea pigs?!" Ransom asked pissed off.

"Not technically Ransom but I mean it would help." Joni said and I grabbed his arm as he was about to stand up and lash out.

"Joni thank you. I will look into it and see what we can use." I said and she smiled and glared at Ransom. After we were done with everyone Harlan went upstairs with just Ransom and I. He showed us a closed door with a big bow on it. I looked at him confused.

"Open it." Harlan said and I smiled as Ransom opened the door and we found a nursery. It was royal themed and I gave a small laugh.

 It was royal themed and I gave a small laugh

"Harlan..." I said and he shook his head.

"I love it." Ransom said and I smiled. I walked over to Harlan and kissed his cheek. Ransom shook his hand and then I saw an exchange between them.

"Why don't you two take a look around. I will keep everyone at bay." Harlan said and walked out. I looked at Ransom and he smiled at me as we walked around the nursery.

"Did you know about this?" I asked and he shrugged.

"He mentioned having a nursery here across from our room because if you think Harlan wont want these babies here all the time you are wrong." Ransom said and I laughed. Ransom took my hand and led me to the chair in the room and I sat down.

"How are you feeling?" Ransom asked crouching in front of me.

"Tired, my jaw hurts from constantly smiling...." I said and he laughed, leaned up and kissed me.

"I love you Faithy, I always have, I always will. I was an idiot a few times in the and I know I made mistakes. I will spend the rest of my life with you making up for every dumbass stint I ever pulled and prove to you even more that you are meant to me with me in my life and these babies. I want to be with you forever Faith, I want to be old and grey on the front porch with you yelling at our grandkids. I want it all. Will you marry me Faith?" Ransom said and pulled out an engagement ring and my eyes filled with tears that quickly started falling.

 Will you marry me Faith?" Ransom said and pulled out an engagement ring and my eyes filled with tears that quickly started falling

"YES!" I exclaimed quickly and he smiled placing the ring on my finger and passionately kissing me. Once we broke apart I looked at Ransom.

"I want to come home....tonight." I said and he smiled with a nod.

"About time." Ransom said and we laughed as we kissed again.