Packing and Appointment

A few weeks later Ransom and I had gone and looked at the house and I was instantly in love. I had to hide my love for the house right away because I couldn't let it on. Ransom knew though, he could always tell when I loved something. We put in an offer and it was accepted right away so we were working on packing up everything of mine in my house. Ransom was bringing down boxes from the attic and stopped in the living room.

"What is this?" Ransom asked and I looked to see the box that was labeled 'Ransom Shit'.

"Exactly what it says it is. Shit of yours I packed up when I left by accident." I said and Ransom laughed and shook his head and started going through it.

"My cable knit! I was wondering where this got to! I love the sweater! I thought my mom came in and threw it out." Ransom said and I laughed.

"Well sweetie, it does have tons of holes in it." I said and he shrugged putting it back in the box.

"I don't get to keep it?" I asked giving him a puppy dog face.

"You always did look good in it." Ransom said and I smiled.

"Thank you." I said and he smiled. We kept going though boxes and getting rid of somethings and saving others.

"What about your place?" I asked and Ransom sighed.

"I'll work on it tonight. I shouldn't have too much I'm taking the bed with me but that's about it I'm leaving all the furniture since we are taking yours." Ransom said and I looked at him shocked.

"You're leaving the oversized chair?!" I asked and Ransom huffed a laugh.

"It doesn't go with your stuff Faithy." Ransom said and I groaned.

"I don't care, I love that chair and ottoman!" I said and he sighed.

"Okay, calm down...we will take the chair." Ransom said and placing a hand on my cheek and I smiled.

"Thank you." I said and he smiled. I looked at the time.

"Oh we got to go. Doctors appointment." I said and he nodded and extended his hand to help me up. We got outside the house and headed to the appointment.

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

Once we reached the doctors office and we seen into the exam room Ransom was looking at everything and getting more and more freaked out.

"You okay there Drysdale?" I asked and he looked at me after looking at the birthing chart.

"Wait...that's how a baby comes out?!" He asked and I laughed.

"Yes Ransom! You thought the stork brought the baby?" I asked and he groaned and shifted in his seat.

"I have a newfound appreciation for my mother." Ransom said and I laughed hysterically.

"Can I get you saying that on record.?" I asked. and he laughed. The doctor came walking in and smiled at me.

"Oh we have a guest today. Who is this?" She asked and I looked at Ransom.

"Oh this?! This is the sperm donor." I said and he glared at me and the doctor looked at me shocked. I sighed and shook my head.

"Geez, guess I should read the room. This is Ransom, the father of said child." I said and she smiled and shook his hand.

"Nice to meet you. You ready to see the baby?" She asked and Ransom smiled at me.

"I am." Ransom said and I smiled. I lifted my shirt, she squirted the gel then got the Doppler on my stomach. She moved it around a lot looking concerned.

"Doc?" I asked and she gave a faint smile.

"One moment." She said and kept looking.

"Okay, I'm getting worried...is that baby okay?" I asked and gripped Ransom's hand. She then smiled at me and turned the main screen on.

"You see the first little figure?" She asked and I nodded and then looked behind it.

"Wait...are those 2 more legs?!" I asked and she nodded.

"My kid has 4 legs?!" Ransom asked panicked and I just looked at him in shock and shook my head in disbelief.

"No, Ransom..." I said and he looked at me.

"We could never see the second baby because it was being hidden by the first one." The doctor said and I groaned laying my head back.

"Come on Faith, twins is so adorable." The doctor said and I just looked at her.

"Not when even one wasn't planned." I said and she sighed. She printed us some pictures and handed me a towel.

"I will want to see you in a few more weeks. Now that it's twins I want to be extra cautious." She said and I nodded. She shook Ransom's hand and walked out. I looked at Ransom.

"You sure you still want in?" I asked and he groaned.

"Damnit Faithy, I'm not going anywhere." Ransom said and I smiled at him. He leaned in and I knew what he was about to do and I turned my cheek and he sighed but kissed any way.

"Ready to go break the news to the family?" Ransom asked and I groaned and we left the doctor's office

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

We walked into Linda's office and she smiled upon seeing us.

"Hey this is a surprise." She said and we smiled as she hugged us.

"Well we just left the doctors office and thought you would want to see the ultrasounds." I said and she nodded as Ransom handed them over and we just waited for her to catch on.

"Wait..." She said and looked at us and I just held up 2 fingers and she squealed and ran to hug us both again.

"At least someone is happy." Ransom said and I groaned.

"Blow it out your ass Ransom." I said annoyed.

"Hey!" Linda said and I just groaned.

"I was in shock! I was planning one mini-Ransom who I would have to teach how to love and treat people not two!" I said annoyed.

"Hey!" Ransom said.

"I thought you two were getting along?" Linda asked and I sighed.

"I was in shock, still am and I have every right to be in shock." I said.

"Like I was shocked to find out I was going to be a father to the woman who had no problem walking out of my life?" Ransom said.

"Okay stop! Before either of you say something you will regret." Linda said.

"Oh I regret so many things right now." I mumbled. Linda gave me a pointed glare. She pulled a card out from her desk drawer and handed it to me.

"What is this?" I asked.

"It's a couples counselor." She said causing Ransom and I to laugh.

"We aren't a couple." I said.

"I now smartass but you will be living together and having babies. You need to get along and this will help. Harlan and I decided that you either go and work on getting better towards each other or neither of you receive the inheritance for yourselves and it only goes to the babies when they are 18." Linda said and I looked at Ransom who looked shocked.

"Really?! Blackmail?" Ransom asked.

"We are willing to do anything." Linda said and I looked at Ransom.

"Counseling?" Ransom asked.

"Counseling." I said.