Therapy

I sat with my arms crossed on the other end of the couch away from Ransom in complete silence.

"You do know I have to report back to Harlan and Linda about these sessions. Not about what is said of course but if things are getting resolved so sitting in silence is just hurting you 2." The therapist said and I sighed. I looked down at Ransom and he was looking at me.

"You want to go first?" Ransom asked.

"Why would I go first? Your mother and grandfather wanted the therapy for us. You go." I said and he groaned.

"Fine, I'll go. Faith is being a bitch."

Hey!" I yelled. "How am I being a bitch Ransom?!" I yelled.

"Well let's start with the fact about how you left me." Ransom said and I sighed.

"What about it?!" I asked.

"You just assumed I was cheating, didn't even give me a chance to explain! You just assumed! You had no trust in me and that hurt." Ransom said.

"What else Ransom?" The therapist asked.

"The gifts...the flowers, the poker chips, the necklace...that you wore even though you didn't speak to me! The slideshow of pictures. You refused to talk to me! I was sorry for everything when in all reality I didn't know what to be sorry for!" Ransom said upset and I just sighed.

"This is where we have issues." I said and Ransom sighed.

"What are those issues Faith?" The therapists asked.

"Well he won't commit is the main issue. I wouldn't have accused him of cheating if he would have just committed! I asked for something more than dating and he got scared. I accused him because he was sitting in a car with another woman clearly flirting, was seen around town earlier that week with someone else, another woman, clearly flirting. I just couldn't take it anymore. I let him go so he could lead the playboy lifestyle he had before me." I said.

"And I don't want that lifestyle anymore! I want you and the babies!" Ransom said.

"Which is the conclusion you came to once I was pregnant!" I yelled.

"I always wanted you back Faithy there was no questioning that. I wanted you back so much but you pushed back and wouldn't talk to me." Ransom said.

"Why wouldn't you talk to him Faith?" The therapist asked.

"I was hurt. Did I plan on getting pregnant with a man who wouldn't commit to a life with me? Hell no! But I did. I always planned to talk to him the night of Harlan's party but he brought the date." I said.

"You took a date?" The therapist asked.

"To be an asshole. I didn't know she wanted to talk. She never said." Ransom said.

"Maybe I wanted to sneak attack a talk on you. Maybe I wanted to work shit out. Maybe I wanted to tell you that I never stopped loving you and I couldn't live with you. Maybe, just maybe I wanted to tell you since I left you that night I haven't had a decent night's sleep, a decent meal or even a decent life without you." I admitted fast blurting it all out. The room was silent and I just looked at my hands folded in my lap as I felt some tears begin to fall.

"Faithy...." Ransom said and I shook my head knowing I couldn't look at him. If I looked at him I would loose it more. "Look at me..." Ransom said. When I didn't lift my head he moved closer to me and pulled me into his arms and I placed my head on his chest and just started crying.

"I need you Ransom." I whispered.

"I need you too." Ransom said and I sighed. We stayed like that forever. Finally the therapist cleared her throat and I refused to let go of Ransom since I had since out my arms around his midsection and I just turned my head to look at her.

"This is some great progress. I this there is still some work to be done but you two will make it, I'm sure of it." She said and I gave a weak smile and looked up at Ransom.

"We can make this work right? I mean two lives are coming..." I said and he nodded.

"I will do everything in my power to prove that to you, that's all I wanted to do Faithy." Ransom said.

"I still might be apprehensive." I said and he sighed but nodded.

"We will work through it." Ransom said and I nodded.