Happy Birthday Harlan!

*****ONE MONTH LATER*****

I was sitting in my office eating a small lunch when Janie appeared in my doorway.

"Hey, you have a walk in, your schedule is clear for the rest of the day. Can you see them?" Janie asked and I sighed finishing my lunch.

"Yeah, sure, send them in." I said and I watched Janie move to the side as Linda and Joni came walking in and I groaned to myself but smiled on the outside.

"Linda, Joni. How are you?" I asked and hugged them both.

"Better than you obviously." Joni said and I looked at her as we all sat down.

"Excuse me?" I asked confused.

"Joni...." Linda warned.

"Well just sweetie, you looks tired and rundown. If this is because of Ransom, he isn't worth it sweetie." Joni said and it took all I had not to kill her.

"This isn't because of Ransom, Joni. I have been working a lot lately. Just got gone have 2 weeks of parties." I said and she nodded. He reached in her purse and gave me a small little pouch.

"Sample sizes of new products, you could really benefit from the moisturizer." Joni said and I gave a fake smile and tossed the pouch in my desk drawer.

"What can I help you both with today?" I asked.

"Well Harlan's birthday is coming up..." Linda said and I smiled almost forgetting.

"Oh yeah! I'm guessing we want a party?" I asked and they nodded.

"Something simple, family only but catered. All the grandkids, including you. You can plan but also join in." Linda said and I shook my head.

"Thank you for the invite but I have to decline. I'm not apart of the family anymore." I said and Linda sighed and grabbed my hand on my desk.

"You will always be considered family even if my son is a colossal ass." Linda said and I gave a smile laugh.

"I think now it's actually on me...any ways...what day for the party?" I asked and they sighed and we got everything planned and a caterer picked that they used and loved. We got the guest list mostly worked out and they put me down even though I was against it.

"Now when are we setting all this up because does Harlan know this is happening?" I asked Linda and she laughed.

"Can we ever get anything over Harlan?" Linda said and I laughed.

"No I guess not. Just making sure he knew I would be there setting up." I said and they nodded. Once everything was planned and they left I picked up my cellphone and went to text Ransom.

FAITH: Hey I just thought I would let you know your mom and Joni just left my office and I'm putting together Harlan's birthday so I will be there as well. I know I haven't given you any kind of answer to the video but can we at least be civil?

RANSOM: We'll see.

I didn't expect any other answer from him and I just put my phone away.

*****COUPLE WEEKS LATER*****