Taken Care Of

Ransom and I were in Harlan's office that was right off the front foyer. I was sitting and Ransom was pacing.

"Ransom, can you sit and calm down please?" I asked and he huffed a laugh.

"Sit and calm down?! How are you so calm?!" Ransom panicked and still paced.

"I don't know, I don't see a reason to panic." I said and Ransom groaned.

"Okay, I mean have you been checked out? Maybe it was a faulty home test or something." Ransom said and I groaned. I pulled out my phone and showed him the picture of the 5 home pregnancy test I took that were all positive and then I showed him the ultrasound pictures the doctors office emailed to me.

"How far along are you? I mean are we sure it's mine?" Ransom said and I looked at him in shock and my eyes filled with tears as I stood up, walked up to him and smacked him across his face.

"I'm positive it's yours Ransom. I'm about 3 months pregnant. Remember that fun we had the month before I left you?! Yeah, well welcome baby." I said and Ransom groaned.

"How could you let this happen?" Ransom asked and I just huffed a laugh.

"Me?! Me?! I didn't crawl on top of myself and get myself pregnant." I said and he sighed running his hands through his hair. We were both silent for a few minutes and I just sat back down. We both heard a knock on the door and Ransom went to open it. I looked at saw her...his date.

"Hey, I called an Uber...I'm going to go." She said and I sighed.

"No, I can take you. We're done here." Ransom said and I looked at him.

"Ransom?!" I said shocked.

"We're done Faith." Ransom said and walked out. I sat back down in a chair and just started crying. After a few minutes the door opened and I saw Harlan come walking in with a glass of water.

"I would bring you something stronger my dear but..." He said and gestured to my stomach and I gave a small laugh.

"Well, right..." I said and then I looked at Harlan and smiled. "This a better or worst gift than the pocket watch?" I asked and he laughed sitting next to me and taking my hand.

"I love them both equally." Harlan said and we laughed together. "We saw Ransom leave and you in here crying it can't be a good thing." Harlan continued.

"No, it's not. He doesn't think it's his." I said and Harlan got pissed.

"You love him more than life itself, you could never...could you?" Harlan asked.

"What?! No! It's his." I said and Harlan sighed.

"I thought so." Harlan said and I gave a small smile.

"I'm thinking it might just be best if I cut my ties with Ransom and raise this baby on my own. It might be better without it's father." I said and Harlan looked at me slightly shocked.

"You wouldn't keep it away from its great grandfather would you?" Harlan asked feigning hurt. I reached out and grabbed his hand.

"Never. Whoever wants to be involved, can be." I said and he smiled.

"Well Linda was wanting to talk to you as well but I figured I could lessen the blow of her barging in here." Harlan said and I smiled.

"She can come in." I said. Harlan got up and walked over to the door letting her in. She came in and rushed over and hugged me.

"Faith...a baby?" Linda asked and I nodded and showed her the ultrasound picture.

"It wasn't planned, trust me." I said and she huffed a laugh.

"I would think not with how Ransom acted." Linda said and I sighed.

"Linda, I just explained to Harlan and I will explain it to you. Ransom made his choice, he doesn't seem to want to be involved. I would never keep the family away though." I said and Linda placed a hand over mine that was on the armrest of the chair.

"Sweetie, we all know that. Would you like me to speak to Ransom?" Linda asked and I shook my head.

"Stop trying to save him Linda, he is a grown up and a big boy, he can make his own decisions." I said and she sighed but nodded. She then looked at Harlan.

"I would like to start a trust fund and inheritance for the baby." Linda said and I sighed.

"It's not necessary." I said.

"No matter what last name you give that baby it is Drysdale and Thrombey. You and the baby will be taken care of." Harlan said.

"Me and the baby? Isn't the trust and inheritance just for the baby?" I asked and Harlan shook his head.

"I'm start one for you as well. I know you have your business and are successful but give me some comfort in knowing my great grandchild and Linda's grandchild is well cared for." Harlan said and I sighed.

"This isn't coming out of anyone's, is it?" I asked and Harlan shook his head.

"No, I would love to punish Ransom and take it from his but I won't." Harlan said and I gave a small smile. I just stood up and hugged both Linda and Harlan.

"I don't know if Ransom and I will ever see eye to eye again after this but you will always be my extended family." I said and they both smiled. "I need to go get the party cleared up. Happy Birthday Harlan." I said, kissed his cheek and walked out of the office. Once I got the party all cleaned up I picked up a quick dinner on the way home and pulled in my driveway. As I pulled in my headlights hit someone sitting on my porch and I then noticed the car parked in front of my house. I groaned getting out of the car.

"If you want to continue to accuse me of being a slut or fight, you can just leave." I said as I got out of the car heading to the front door.

"We need to talk Faithy." Ransom said. I finally got a look at him and realized how disheveled he looked.