14. storm

(this is just a little extra thing I wrote about izuku experiencing his first thunderstorm without the toxic environment he was in, you can skip this chapter if you like, it isn't really relevant to the plot)

Izuku woke up suddenly, it was dark. He heard a loud noise and he jumped, whimpering. He looked around and saw a bright flash from his window.

He gets up and runs into Aizawas room, standing there. He sees the same flash out of Aizawa's window and he screams, waking Aizawa and hizashi. Aizawa is quick to his side.

"Hey hey, what's wrong?" Izuku tried to speak, but he couldn't. He heard the loud noise again and whimpered, holding onto Aizawa tightly. Aizawa catches on and leads Izuku to his and Hizashis bed.

"It's alright, there's just a storm, it can't hurt you." Izuku sniffled. "It's loud.." he says. He jumps at the noise being even louder.

Hizashi looks around and sleepily gets out of bed and rustles through a drawer, grabbing out something. He hands it to Izuku and he takes it, looking at it.

"They're noise cancelling headphones, it'll make the noises quieter. They work really well, I use them when using my quirk and it makes it so much quieter." Hizashi explains. Izuku nods. He puts them on and instantly relaxes a bit.

He flinched at the bright light that happened again and Aizawa took him to the window. He takes the headphone off for a second. "The bright light is called lightning, it's really far away so it won't hurt you, and the loud bangs are thunder." Izuku nods and puts the headphones back on, looking at the lightning. It looked cool, he just didn't like the thunder that accompanied it.

He never realised how loud storms actually were, his room not having any windows and the house being built with noise suppression.

After a few minutes Aizawa helped Izuku get back into his bed and he stayed in the kids room until he fell asleep, the headphones still on him.