Chapter 8

Next morning Rudra entered OM when everyone was gathered at the dining table for breakfast. Om ran towards him and hugged him tightly.

Shivaay also stormed towards him in anger and held his collar "What kind of irresponsible behaviour is this Rudy? Tum toh aise the hi tumhare saath reh kar wo Anika bhi aisi hi ho gayi hai"

Rudy shrugged off his hands from his collar and stepped aside while asking "What happened? Now why is everyone gathered here, phir se Oberoi Family ka stage ready hai kisi naye drama ke liye?"

Shivaay moved towards him angrily but Om stepped between them "Rudy, do you know how worried we were for Anika Bhabhi and you; we tried to call you both so many times."

Rudy nodded in understanding and replied to him "Oh sorry, I was at my friend's house, his father met with an accident and I was helping him."

Om smiled at him lightly while patting his back "It's good that you stand with your friends in time of need" but Rudra shook his head in disappointment while looking at both his brothers and said to Om "Thanks but I'm sad that I cannot say the same about you"

Jhanvi glared at Rudra and pulled him back "Ye kaise baath kar rahe ho bhayi se?" but he chuckled dryly while looking at his brother "It's not news that O considers Bhabhi maa..oops I mean to say DIDI MAA as his best friend, but what has he done to help her when our own brother is trying to drive her mad?"

Om bowed down his head in guilt, Shivaay's eyes were filled with tears and he was also shocked because Rudy addressed Anika as Didi, but they did not utter a single word because they know Rudra was saying the right thing.

Dadi caressed Rudy's back to calm him down "Puttar, chal gussa shaant kar, aaja khana kha le." He grabbed a chair at dining table but Shivaay was continuously looking towards the entry gate, as there was no sign of Anika. He was not able to sense her also so she was not even in the vicinity. Om looked at his elder brother and asked the most important question "Rudy where is Anika Bhabhi?"

Rudy waved his hand dismissively "Anika bolo O, she's no more our Bhabhi"

Shivaay closed his eyes in frustration, he wants to break everything in front of him but he has to stay quiet due to Tanya. Om again asked the question on everyone's mind "Thik hai, where is Anika?" but Rudy was not in a mood for straight answers "Mujhe kya pata, main to kal se ghar hi nahi aaya"

Shivaay looked at him worriedly, Rudy was his last hope now, if they're not together then where is she "Matlab wo tere saath nahi gayi thi?"

Rudy wanted to laugh at the foolishness of his elder brother because now it is too late for showing his concern "Bhaiya don't think about a gold digger or your wife will feel bad".

Shivaay stepped towards him angrily "Jitna bola hai, utna batao" only to hear an equally angry reply from him "Bola toh, mujhe kya pata, main kal se apne friend ke saath tha"

Dadi looked at her grandsons, one who should fight for Anika's dignity was busy in insulting her and other one who is supposed to be childish was behaving against his nature.

Shivaay left from there in frustration and soon everybody dispersed to their rooms.

Rudra also walked to his room and he opened the drawer to take out the letters left behind by Anika, only these were giving him hope that she will come back and then he will never leave her alone.

Letter 1:

"Bacha, I'm going out for some important work, don't tell anyone about it. I'm sorry I should have informed you personally but it was urgent, I will soon tell you everything.

If anyone tries to ask about me don't tell them anything, if it takes more than four days then show them the second letter and say that you have just found it on your table. I'm leaving my phone with these letters but I will message my new number in 2 or 3 hours.