Chapter 17

Anika's gang left from Mumbai and they shifted to Hyderabad. Now the story will continue in present time or you can say after the prologue, when Anika came back from her successful mission.

..

..

Anika entered the police headquarters at Hyderabad and walked inside a cabin. She was greeted by a pat on her shoulder and appreciation from her senior officer, Commissioner Raj Singh Rathore.

Raj sat on his chair and Anika took the seat on other side of his desk, he smiled widely and said "Anika, congratulations for your successful mission, I'm really proud of you"

Anika gave him one of her bright smiles in return "Thank you sir, my whole team deserves this appreciation." Raj was extremely happy, he has received so many appreciation calls and messages for his star officer and she never ceases to amaze him with her humbleness "I like this about you; you never take the credit for any mission, always a team person. Take some credit as nobody knows your identity and it makes you our best weapon against these criminals."

Anika gave him some papers and indicated towards the important notes "Sir, I'm nothing without my team, they have equally contributed in this mission. You will get to know everything from my notes."

Raj read the detailed report of her mission and gave her another set of papers after some time "I know that you came back home after 3 months but here is your new assignment. This case was assigned to our team because it is a very sensitive one and country's safety is at stake, they need officers with hidden identity for this mission."

Anika looked at him in confusion, he has never explained so much before giving any mission. He only has to order, but why was he rambling so much? Her questions were answered when she looked at the file and then she looked towards Raj with flabbergasted expressions "Sir, how can I take this mission?"

Raj can understand her hesitance but he has to send his best team for this mission and Anika was the unanimous choice of all senior officers in their department "I know only you can do this, you know that place well."

Anika was about to protest again but Raj put up his stern face "Officer Anika, I don't like to repeat myself. You have joined the police force and taken a vow to protect this country and you will do it at any cost. Do you understand it officer?"

Anika was shocked for a moment but she soon composed herself and stood in attention "Yes Sir, I will not let you down sir" but deep in her heart, she was worried about so many things and she also knows that she cannot say no when the matter is related to country's security and safety of so many people.

Raj smiled sheepishly and muttered "At ease Anika beta", She shook her head in disbelief "You just scolded me, now you are calling me beta?" He made his own version of Puppy eyes and looked at her cutely, she could only glare at him "Ye acha hai, pehle daant lo, phir mana lo. I'm warning you; today evening I will tell everything to Rakhi aunty about how you torture me"

Anika's threat was enough to give him a big shock, he shook his head frantically and looked at her with pleading eyes "Nahi beta, ye gajab matt kar dena, warna raat bhar kamre ke bahar sona padega"

Anika chuckled and shook her head, how can she let go of this great opportunity. Raj muttered some incoherent curses and got back in serious mode "Beta ab meri baat suno, this is a very risky mission and I trust that you will handle everything and save our country also. First you will go and create reasons for your entry and then your team will arrive. I have taken the liberty to choose your team and believe me, you will not be disappointed. Let me know if you want to change any member, also with time more officers will be added. But I'm again telling you, no one at your destination should know about your identity, it will increase the risk for everyone."