Chapter 38

VAni were discussing about security detail for Maha Arti and Veeranshu recalled about the message that was sent by Anika to Raj.

Anika was about to tell him everything but both got startled when someone asked from behind "What makhi? Kahan hai shahad?"

She composed herself quickly, this man really knows how to sneak up on someone "Mr Oberoi, we were discussing about our office, wahan pe madhumakhi ne chatta bana lia hai."

Shivaay frowned at her in confusion "Chatta?" She shook her head comically "Arrey chatta nahi pata apko?" She was going back to her chirpy mood but remembered the need to be professional and stopped speaking.

Veeranshu stepped ahead to fill in the awkward silence "She means to say beehive." Shivay smiled formally at Veeranshu, he was happy to get a glimpse of old Anika for few seconds but to his dismay she stopped immediately.

Shivaay groaned mentally, is it so hard to forgive him or is she trying to make him jealous? When he looks at her, she is unbothered and unfazed in his presence totally opposite to what he has been feeling when she's around him.

He snapped back from his thoughts and  cleared his throat "Let's go Anika." She was about to correct him "It's Ms Anika for you" but her attention was grabbed by the clown behind Shivaay.

Veeranshu was doing some weird kind of actions behind him, she forgot what she was going to say and chuckled looking at him. She averted her gaze when Shivaay again said "Let's go". She raised her eyebrows for him to tell where he wants to take her and at the same time glared at Veeranshu for his childishness.

Shivaay cleared his throat nervously, how did this woman get perfect in intimidating two alpha males at the same time. He muttered after taking a long breath "To the temple, for Maha Arti preparation."

Anika looked at him in confusion "Aur ap wahan kya karenge?" He smiled at her widely "Tumhari help."

She was thinking about a reply but the solution to her problem walked towards them and she muttered under her breath "Aa gayi Langoori"

Veeranshu laughed at her comment and looked at an annoyed Mayuri. Anika covered up Veeranshu immediately lest Mayuri starts gawking at him again, he understood her intention and stifled his laughter. On the other hand Shivaay was thinking that Anika was getting irritated in Mayuri's presence because she was friendly with him.

Shivaay immediately planned to test the waters and with extra sweetness he asked "Haan Mayuri, bolo na kya kaam hai, why are you so worried?" He looked at Anika from the corner of his eyes; she was still glaring at his experiment specimen.

Mayuri pouted at him "Shivuu, aj tum mere saath office nahi jaoge kya?"

Anika rolled her eyes at the drama, wasn't that Ragini enough with her Shivuu chant, now he has found another butterfly to accompany him.

Shivaay thought Anika's expressions were related to him, he wanted to test her further "Haan haan kyu nahi, tumhare saath toh zarur jaunga, just a minute". He turned towards Anika  "Aaj tum manage kar lo, Mayuri aise pooch rahi hai toh main mana nahi kar sakta"

Shivaay was expecting a different answer, but to his dismay she replied "Of course I can understand, please carry on with your Langoori". He sighed and looked at Mayuri, why he had to say all those lines, now he's stuck with her. Anika was unaffected by his little experiment but she was still having a glaring match with Mayuri.

Mayuri pointed a finger at her "Its Mangoori.." Anika controlled her laughter, everyone has messed up her mind, she's not even sure about her own name "Haha, that's a better name than Langoori"