Chapter 9

Anika came back after four days and she gave a chance to Shivaay for accepting the truth but he again chose his family over her dignity.

Anika called someone on her phone and said "Mr. Agarwal, please come inside."

A man dressed in black coat walked inside the mansion, followed by his assistant who was holding some files in his hands. The man looked like he was here for some serious business and Anika was looking too determined to complete the task at hand.

Everyone's eyes drifted towards Tej when he said "He is a very famous lawyer Ravi Agarwal who mostly deals in high profile divorce cases."

OF looked towards Anika with widened eyes and Shivaay was baffled with the revelation. Here he was thinking that he will pacify his Panika but she's ready to give up on him, now he understood the meaning of AniRu's warning.

Dadi looked at Anika in disbelief, maybe all this is just a nightmare and her grand daughter in law is not trying to take this step "Ani..ka Puttar, ye..sab.. kya.. hai?"

Anika held her hand and guided her towards the couch to "Dadi main janti hu ki Oberoi Family mein divorce nahi hote but sorry to say I cannot be another Jhanvi Singh Oberoi of this family. Aap batao mujhe ki main kya karu, meri shaadi wale din mera pati gayab ho gaya aur wapas aaya toh doosri aurat ke saath."

Anika continued "I love him a lot but I cannot feel insulted by staying here. His mother is also not ready to accept me, she leaves no chance to berate me. Ap bolo, main yahan kiske bharose rahu?"

Jhanvi Singh Oberoi who was once a young confident woman and left her family for her so called love was standing with a bowed down head due to the same love. She wanted to be an inspiration for young women by excelling in business, but now she is just a bad example. She always admired Anika for her strength; years back when she found about her husband's mistress she chose alcohol to forget her worries but unlike her Anika chose her-self respect.

Mr. Agarwal whispered something in Anika's ear and she nodded her head while saying "Anyways there's a good news for your Mr. Oberoi"

Shivaay pleaded through his eyes to stop this drama but he got scared of determination evident in her eyes, he can feel that she will not stop today. It was hard for him to control his emotions, he wanted to slap himself for getting in a trap yet again, but he cannot do anything to control the situation now.

Rudy walked towards Anika "Didi maa, what happened?" She turned towards Shivaay and dropped the bomb on him "Good news is that Mr Oberoi considered this marriage as a mistake, so for the last time I want to agree with my lovely husband."

Everyone looked at Anika, what has this family done to her, there were no emotions in her eyes, she was just looking like a robot that was assigned to complete some task.

Anika shook her, this is not the time to fall weak, she took a deep breath and continued "My Lawyer just told me that we don't need a divorce as our marriage was not registered in court because we were supposed to sign marriage registration papers on next day of our marriage but Mr. Oberoi met with an accident and lost his memory."

Anika shook her head sadly, there were so many dreams but the man in front of her has shattered them all and he is still standing like a statue. Maybe all the love and promises were fake because the one who loves with all his heart can never be the reason for someone's pain.

Anika pointed towards some papers in her lawyer's hand "I could have walked out right now but I want to do this legally, so that no one can blame me in future."

Anybody who looked at Shivaay can easily understand that he was moments away from passing out. His face was turning pale and he was getting short of breath but this is called the consequences of your own actions and every human has to face it one or the other day. He somehow managed to stammer between his erratic breathing "What..do..you..mean?"