Chapter 18

Anika came back from mission and she has reached Commisioner Raj's house for family dinner, where she met Jhanvi at the entry.

..

..

A young man (Boy1) walked towards them while shaking his head "Arrey, unko andar toh aane do." Anika smiled widely and pulled him in a breath choking hug "How are you? Did you eat well when I was not here?" Boy 1 shook his head in amusement and indicated towards everyone "Ye apki jo sena hai, wo mujhe bina khaye rehne kahan deti thi"

Anika grinned widely at everyone, he always skips his meal and makes it difficult for everyone to convince him because only she has the power to beat the shit out of him and make him sensible for the whole world. She looked around and asked him "Where is your partner?"

Boy 1 also checked around him "Hoga kahi, gussa hai apse." Anika chuckled and moved inside to meet him but one more person (Boy 2) walked towards them "Bachke jana di, wo bahut gussa hai."

Anika moved towards one room and Rakhi focused on her work "Ye bache bhi na, aapas mein hi rooth te manate rahenge, ap log chaliye main khana lagati hu."

Anika peeped inside the room and smiled sheepishly when she was welcomed with a cushion thrown on her from across the room. 

She walked inside and poked his arm "Maine suna koi gussa hai mujhse?" Boy 3 glared at her and smacked her hand "Haan, sab gussa hai, aapse koi baat nahi karega." Anika pulled other two boys in side hug "Lekin inn sab logo ne toh mujhse baat kar li" and the third one twisted his mouth in annoyance.

Anika moved her hand to make tickling movement, Boy 3 jumped across the bed and ran away from her evil clutches. She looked at him with welled up eyes but soon chased him around the room, she was crying and laughing at the same time as her lifelong dream was finally achieved.

Anika pulled Boy 1 in a tight hug and cried in his embrace "Rudy, look at my Sahil, he was running on his own." Rudy patted her back and Sahil also joined the hug "Didi maa, they have already cried over this, you are around 2 months late for my surprise."

Anika pouted at him, Sahil shook his head at the nautanki "Yeah, I know you were on a mission but why you have go for so many months?" Boy 2 laughed at them loudly "Didi, inn logo ne 2 mahine se sabki naak mein dum kia hua hai, Raj uncle ko roz ek photo bhejte the ki aapko forward kar dein."

Anika laughed loudly at Chubby's comment, while thinking about Raj's condition. These people don't think of him as the Commissioner of Hyderabad Police, he is their buddy and partner in mischief. Rudra and Sahil frowned at them "Hum log toh bhejte the lekin Raj uncle ne toh aage nahi bheji na, Didi maa next time aisi jagah mission lena jahan phone allowed ho."

Anika chuckled nervously at the thought of her next mission and how she will share that information with her family. She's sure that they will come blaring at her like she has requested that case with free will.

Anika quickly averted her eyes from Rudy and Sahil, they are experts in reading her eyes and she needs some time before getting killed by them. She checked Sahil's leg again and asked about his recovery process, he grinned widely at her in response "Didi maa, last sitting ho gayi, Doctor ne kaha hai surgery successful thi, ab follow up ki zarurat nahi padegi. Aapne dekha na, main kaise bhaag raha tha, ab toh main saare sports bhi khel sakta hu."

Anika caressed his head lovingly and kissed his forehead, finally her little brother will not be dependent on anyone, he can move around freely and live his life like a normal kid. When they shifted to Hyderabad, Sahil luckily got a great school where everyone accepted him with open arms. Then his teacher approached her and recommended a surgeon for Sahil. Finally when she had enough money, they reached out to the doctor and he started Sahil's treatment.