Chapter 54

VAni were talking in the garden when Khanna came back with the man who was doing some work for them

..

..

Man was irritated, why he had to lose his sleep for their urgent work, he annoyingly handed the key to Anika "Madam ye lijiye apki chaabi, poori raat jaag kar banayi hai"

Veeranshu glared at him but Anika held his hand back as there's no point in getting into an argument with people who can come in handy all the time "Thank you bhaiya, aap ne bahut madad ki humari. Ap nahi hote to aaj humara kaam kaise ho pata"

A little appreciation made him smile widely, maybe helping the cops wasn't such a bad thing "Madam, koi aur kaam ho toh batana ap mujhe, main kabhi bhi aa jayega". He left from there after getting warned by them to not disclose the reason for his visit.

Veeranshu mumbled something about that man, Anika ignored his scowl and asked Khanna to be on lookout. VAni entered the room with help of the duplicate key that man has prepared for them. Both quickly got into action, they clicked some pictures of the boxes which were marked with special signs but they were very heavy to move. Both were thinking about ways to check the contents but they heard incessant knocks on the door, it was their signal for danger and both immediately hid in a corner. Khanna locked the door again as there was no time for them to come out and he hurried away from there.

Some masked men entered the room, they were talking in hushed tone, VAni were not able to hear their conversation so they moved closer to hear it. Those men were making some markings on the boxes with a piece of chalk.

Man 1: Jaldi kar, subah hone wali hai

Man 2: Kar toh raha hu, abhi dus minute mein sab clear ho jayega

Man 3: Tum log baat karna band karo aur kaam pe dhyan do

Man 4: Aj boxes kamm hain toh kaam jaldi ho jayega, warna boss maar deta hum logo ko

Man 1: Bhaayi itna lamba chauda admi hai, dekh ke hi darr lagta hai, mujhe to shakk hai kisi din nigal hi jayega hum logo ko

Man 2: Jab 5 din baad itna kaam hai hi phir kal ka contract kyu lia toone?

Man 1: Ab wo pahaad sa admi mere sir pe khada ho jayega toh lena padega na

Man 2: Lekin hum logo ne wo kaam band kar dia tha, police jaldi active ho jaati hai aise case mein

Man 1: To ja aur mana kar de usse, main nahi kar sakta

Man 3: Chup chaap chalo, mark lag gaye. Ye cross wale tum dono le jao, gole wale hum dono le ja rahe hain

All of them nodded at each other and left from there. After 10 minutes VAni came out from their hideout and looked at each other in confusion, there were too many questions on their mind about the contract those men have taken for tomorrow and what were they talking about when they discussed a contract after 5 days because Maha Arti was day after tomorrow and VAni were expecting some movement on that day. They were waiting for Khanna to open the door when both heard some sound from outside, they quickly hid behind the curtains and that person left after sometime.

Khanna came in after half hour and opened the door, VAni breathed in relief and looked at Khanna for answers, he nodded his head in affirmation. They immediately rushed outside but Anika noticed that the lock was changed already. It means that the person who came some time back did it, but they were not able to see his face.

..

..

VAni went towards their rooms to get ready for the day, both came back and they noticed something that made them chuckle.