Chapter 58

VAni returned from somewhere and Rudy helped them to sneak inside the mansion without getting noticed by anyone or so they thought.

Anika stepped inside her room and gasped, she was about to run away in opposite direction but she heard a knock. She looked back; Veeranshu was muttering something and standing there with an annoyed looking Chandrakala, Balwant and Tapish. Anika turned back and looked at her own room, Kartik, Manish and Swarna were shooting daggers through their eyes.

Swarna shook her head in disappointment "Mujhe laga tha maine tumhara bachpan aur teenage miss kar di, par ab aisa feel nahi ho raha. What were you thinking while sneaking inside the mansion at this time?"

Chandrakala pushed Veeranshu inside the room and made him look into her big scary eyes "Kahan se aa rahe ho dono?" Veeranshu had a feeling that he is again back to kindergarten; he forgot that he is not alone now and their parents will obviously be worried about them. He looked at Anika for some help but she was as tensed as him, somebody please bring that Kaadha to save them from everyone's questioning glare.

Anika looked around, she has a perfect excuse in mind, she started saying "Mumma wo..." but Swarna crossed her arms under her chest "Aj kiske pet mein dard hai?" Anika again reached till "Mumma wo..." but she heard two voices "Mere pet me dard hai..."

Everyone looked at two people near the door, they were too busy in cursing each other. Veeranshu was the nearest he can hear what Rudy was mumbling to Gauri "Bhabhi abhi toh ap keh rahi thi aap jhooth nahi bolengi kyunki Shankar ji ko bura lag jayega, ab kya hua?". All Gauri could do was give him an apologetic look, their conversation came to a halt when Anika glared at them "Congrats idiots, you both will get us killed today."

One mess wasn't enough when the culprits created another one, Veeranshu said "Haan haan...Rudy ke pet mein dard tha" and Anika said at the same time "Haan haan..Chutki ke pet mein dard tha.."

Balwant and Manish chuckled in amusement, its fun to catch their kids off guard. Swarna smirked at them "Kya baat hai? Aaj sabke jawab match toh ho rahe hain bas naam nahi match ho rahe?"

Veeranshu cursed under his breath and looked at Anika, she was also doing the same thing, at least they were on the same track in copying each other. He whispered in her ear "Aise din bhar mera Ru mera Ru bolti rehti ho, abhi Chutki ka naam lene ki kya zarurat thi?" Anika rolled her eyes in annoyance "Tum bhi toh Chutki ko behen behen bolte ghoomte ho, tumne mere Ru ka naam kyu lia?"

Both were again on the same page, just the name was wrong, they said at the same time "Kyunki mujhe laga tum uska naam loge/logi." Their hushed conversation was stopped when Swarna peeped between them "Tum dono ka ho gaya toh kuch bolo? Ab kaun aayega dono ki help karne?"

Why fear when Gauri is here, Little sister to the rescue "Maa, ap chaliye na...Anu di to bas aise hi kahi gayi thi humein bata kar..kuch important nahi hai" but Swarna wasn't the one to back off. She glared at Gauri and focused on Chandrakala who was saying "Kuch toh hai aur aaj hum sune bina nahi jayenge. Tum teeno itne saal baad miley ho, humein kuch pata bhi nahi hai tum logo baare mein"

Swarna was a little sad, maybe it is hard for the three of them to pick off from where they left but she's their mother, how can she leave them alone again. She controlled her tears which were threatening to spill down her eyes "Kal hum dono itni raat takk baithe rahe tumhare liye par tum dono ka kuch ata pata hi nahi tha. Hum log paanch minute ke liye andar kya gaye, wapas aake dekha toh dono jaldi mein bahar bhaag rahe the aur plate dekhi toh khana gayab. Maha Arti ka aisa bhi kya kaam?"

Anika mumbled "Mumma..wo" but Swarna shook her head angrily "Anu beta, mumma wo ke aage bhi kuch bolo, I just want to be a part of your life."

Manish looked at his wife, tears were already rolling down her eyes "Tell us Anu, what are you both hiding, tumhari Mumma 10 minute bhi nahi soyi kal raat se?"