Chapter 26

Everybody was settled in hall for discussion about Rudra's wedding

..

..

Dadi recalled the talk that was interrupted due to Roop's arrival and turned towards Anika "Puttar, shaadi mein toh bahut time hai, designs tayar hote rahenge, abhi Maha Arti ki tayari karni hai . Itne saalo baad mere teeno pote ek saath aaye hai aur main chahti hu ki tu organise kare. Oberois ki shaan se badh chadh ke hona chahiye ye event."

Everyone looked happy with the idea and Roop was looking at them curiously, as soon as she heard "Maha Arti" her interest was piqued.

Anika noticed the change in her body language and indicated an officer to keep a check on Roop but her next dialogue was a little shocking.

Roop smiled sweetly at Dadi "Mummi ji, aj toh main sabse milne aayi thi, abhi chalti hu, Shaadi ke time aa jaungi."

Dadi nodded her head and Roop gritted her teeth, isn't a mother supposed to stop her daughter from leaving, but who will tell her that daughters like her are good when they are kept away from the family.

Dadi said to her for formality to come back soon and Roop caressed Rudy's head "Haan mummi ji, jaldi hi aaungi..mere pyaare bhateeje ki shadi jo hai." Everyone chuckled while looking at Rudy's expressions, he was about to puke his guts out due to overdose of sweetness.

Roop left from Oberoi Mansion while calling someone, Anika stopped her junior from following Roop, she will have to bring in a new face to follow her activities.

Dadi knows what she is going to do next is not right but she wants to give one chance to her grandson, after this she will never interfere in their issues. She turned towards Anika "Puttar, Maha Arti ki saari details Billu hi de sakta hai tujhe, dono aapas mein baat kar lo. "

Shivaay was beaming in happiness, finally he will get a chance to talk to her but her reply poked his bubble "Dadi if it is not a problem, can anyone else help me?"

Shivaay was wondering if she wanted to come back to him, here is dying to talk to her once but this woman is not giving any importance to him or maybe she is playing hard to get.

Dadi shook her head "Puttar, I can understand but Billu is the one who has been organising this event from a long time." Anika nodded reluctantly, nobody has to tell her what Dadi is trying to do, but keeping her differences apart she will have to talk with everyone for the sake of her mission "Okay Dadi, I can understand but I want to keep it professional, if everyone is okay with it?"

Shivaay understood the meaning of her words when she looked at him from the corner of her eyes. She is talking casually with everyone but the professional part is for him. Now he really needs to talk to her and thanks to Dadi he will get this opportunity soon.

Shivaay got up from his seat, if she is not ready for the easy way, so be it "Okay Miss Anika, please come to the study with me." She tried to object but he was not in a mood to give her a chance to escape "Ms Anika, this is a grand event and I don't want any disturbances in our PROFESSIONAL discussion. Can we move now?"

Anika nodded her head, Rudy tried to follow her but Jhanvi and Saumya stopped him from going. Everybody from OF was looking at Shivaay in shock, his SSO avatar is back in action but they have also observed Anika and they're not sure if it will work this time. Everyone wished best for both of them while looking at their retreating figure.

..

..

Inside the study

Shivaay patted the seat beside him on the couch "Take a seat Ms. Anika" but she smiled sweetly at him, two can play this game "Thank you Mr. Oberoi but I think I'll be more comfortable here" and she grabbed the seat opposite to him.

Shivaay looked at her sadly, his tadi is not working, his pleading eyes have failed, now he is not sure about his next step. He shook his head and opened his laptop "Let me show you the designs from previous events."

Shivaay was about to show some designs but Anika shook her head  "I have already seen for  these years, please show me the others." Shivaay looked up in her eyes "So, you remember those years?"

Anika chuckled sadly at him, why is he behaving as if he was wronged back then "What's there to forget? People should never forget their bad experiences because they make you strong."

Shivaay looked at her eyes, they were void of any emotions. She has not lost her chirpiness at all because he has heard her conversation with other family members but it seems that she is serious about the professional behaviour in his presence.

Shivaay smiled at her, he is still a part of her memories "Good or bad, atleast you remember me." Anika glared at him while taking the laptop "Mr Oberoi can we discuss the plans? I don't have time for irrelevant chit chat."

Shivaay was taken aback by her sudden anger and he started showing her some pictures from previous year events.

Anika wrote some points and closed her notebook "Thank you Mr. Oberoi, I will get back to you with my ideas in five days, then we will discuss about it."

Shivaay tried to stop her "Sure...ummm...Anika" but she stepped away from him "I'm Miss Anika for you."

Shivaay controlled his anger after seeing her indifferent behaviour and muttered "Miss Anika, can we talk?" but she denied immediately "We have already discussed about the plans, did you miss anything?"

Shivaay muttered a meekly "No", but he was not prepared to see her flaring nose and fists curled up in anger "Then we should avoid talking, otherwise your mother will again try to kill me"

Shivaay looked at her with widened eyes "KILL YOU?"

Anika took some deep breaths to control her anger. Shivaay could see her furious eyes but he was not able to understand what happened to her suddenly

Anika calmed down a bit and she shook her head, all the pent up frustration is getting the best of her "Umm..I mean kill me with her words"

Shivaay tried to hold her hand "I'm sorry on her behalf" but she looked at him accusingly "I wish that everything can be sorted out with a Sorry but I'm also sorry because I have stopped doing social service." Shivaay tried to say something but she stormed off in anger.

Shivaay looked at her retreating figure, if she was Tadibaaz earlier then add lots of confidence, killer attitude and will power to her personality now, how is he supposed to deal with this upgraded version of Khidkitod Anika. He sighed and sat back on the chair, he has lost this opportunity, soon he will find a new one.

Anika stepped outside the study but she dashed into someone and she landed on his big body frame. She held his arm to stop from falling on the ground but soon composed herself and stepped back while muttering a "Sorry."

..

..

..

Don't forget to press the star button

..

..

..

..

..