- the girl from band -

robin buckley was in the hawkins high school band. as was her crush, y/n.

nobody knew about her crush for y/n. well, nobody except steve harrington.

she wanted to tell y/n that she liked her. but she was scared. scared in case y/n thought she was a freak.

so, she would just act like she didn't have a crush on y/n whenever she was around her.

and then gush about her to her best friend, steve harrington.

———————————————————————————

steve was driving robin to a pep rally at hawkins high school, making sure to get there super early so robin could practice.

"i'm telling you steve, i don't know how much longer i can take acting like i don't have a crush on her." robin complained to the brown haired boy sitting beside her.

steve simply rolled his eyes. if he had a dollar for every time robin spoke about y/n, he would be a millionaire by now.

"here's a crazy idea, robin, tell her! it's so obvious that she likes you back!" he started, throwing one of his hands around while he spoke, the other one clutching the steering wheel.

"and even if she doesn't like you back, what's the worst thing that'll happen? hmm?" steve said, quickly looking at her then focussing his attention back onto the road.

"what's the worst thing that will happen? oh, i don't know steve, maybe everyone finding out that i like girls! and then i'll be the laughing stock of hawkins!" she replied, looking out the window.

robin really wanted to tell y/n that she liked her but she didn't want to ruin their friendship and, like she said, she didn't want to become the laughing stock of hawkins.

"i'm just saying," steve began, snapping robin out of her trance and making her look at him. "it's obvious she likes you robin." he continued whilst he parked the car. "it's obvious she also likes boobies."

"okay, steve, that's enough. don't say boobies." robin said, shaking her head and unbuckling her seatbelt.

"it's not a bad word, robin. we both like them! and so does y/n." steve said, matter-of-factly. robin just shot him a disgusted look and got out of his car, collecting her instrument and band costume from the back seat.

robin closed the car door and began walking to the school gym when she heard a familiar voice, making her turn around and smile.

"hey! robin! wait up!" y/n yelled, waving and running towards robin.

robin immediately stopped walking and waited for y/n. her smile growing wider the closer y/n got.

she finally reached robin. "i'm guessing you had the same idea has me." y/n panted, gesturing to robins band costume and instrument.

"you coming here to practice too?" robin asked as they walked into the empty gym together. y/n nodded, trying to catch her breath.

y/n walked over to the bleachers and sat down, placing her backpack down in front of her as she pulled out her neatly folded band costume.

robin walked over to the girls changing room, checking to see if they were unlocked, which they were.

she turned back, waiting for y/n. "you coming?" she asked. y/n looked up and nodded, quickly grabbing her costume, leaving her instrument behind and running over to robin once again.

they both walked in and went to separate corners, quickly changing into the band costume.

once they were both changed, robin couldn't help but stare at y/n. she looked so cute in the green costume.

y/n walked over to the mirror and began doing a quick touch up of her mascara and lipstick.

once again, robin couldn't pull her eyes away from the girl.

watching her apply mascara to her eyelashes, making her e/c eyes pop, and the lipstick making her lips look even more beautiful.

god, robin was really obsessed with this girl.

y/n saw robin staring out of the corner of her eye. she walked over to her and robin started to internally scream.

did she see her stare at her? was she mad? was she freaked out?

y/n simply just looked at her and twisted her lipstick until it was out.

"you know," y/n began. "if you wanted some of my lipstick, you could've just asked." robin was confused, but just went along with it.

y/n inched closer to robins face and her hand gently cupped robins cheek.

robin could tell she probably looked like a tomato by now.

y/n was the same. she had a crush on robin but would never tell her. she, too, was scared. what if robin didn't like her like that? but then again, she was giving her a lot of hints.

'screw it.' y/n thought.

she quickly twisted the lipstick back down and cupped robins face again, with both hands this time.

she slowly leaned in as robin stared at her with wide eyes. no way this was happening.

robin closed her eyes in anticipation as she also leaned in.

their lips touched for no longer than a few seconds.

they both pulled back and looked at each other.

y/n removed her hands from robins face and dropped them to her sides.

robin was shocked and before she knew it, she was grabbing y/n's face and pulling her into another kiss.

a longer kiss this time.

robins hands never left y/n's face as y/n wrapped her arms around robins neck, pulling her in closer.

they pulled away, both a little breathless and robin rested her forehead on y/n's.

"god, i'm so glad i showed up early today." robin said quietly, not wanting to disrupt this moment of closeness.

y/n let out a soft laugh, pecking robin on the cheek before grabbing her hand.

robin gave her hand a light squeeze. she couldn't believe it. the girl she liked for months, not only like her back but just kissed her.

she couldn't wait to brag to steve later.

—————————————-—————————————
1016 words

so that was my first ever wattpad story!