- secret love -

trigger warning: mentions of bullying

you had been going out with robin buckley for almost a year. you two met at a basketball rally. you, being a cheerleader, were sitting on the bench beside the basketball court, cheering on hawkins highs tigers. robin had noticed you as soon as you walked onto the court and started cheering for the team. she continued to look at you, even though you were just sitting on the bench. you looked around the hall before your eyes landed on robin, suddenly making eye contact. robin quickly got flustered and looked away, trying to make it look like she wasn't staring at you. you thought it was cute. you thought she was cute. you were so caught up in the thought of her that you completely missed a shot the tigers had scored. chrissy cunningham, the head cheerleader, had gently elbowed you. "y/n, you're supposed to cheer when we score, remember?" she said, her smile never leaving her face. "right, sorry." you apologised, quickly glancing back over at robin.

after the game had finished, you made a quick exit out of the hall, waiting for the band to leave outside of the hall. as soon as you saw the band begin to leave, you waited for her. she was the last to leave. you began jogging towards her, slowing down and straightening out your cheer skirt before approaching her. "hey." you said, making the girl jump and turn. as soon as she saw you, her eyes widened. "uh, hey." she replied. robin was panicking. she thought you were mad about what happened in the hall. "i saw you looking at me in there." you began. robin took a deep breath in. "oh, uh, yeah. look, i'm sorry. i was just bored and i was looking around the hall and then my eyes landed on you and kinda, i don't know, locked on you, i guess? wait no that sounds weird. i promise i wasn't trying to be creepy or make you uncomfortable." she explained, talking in a really fast pace. you smiled at her. "it's fine. i didn't think you were being creepy. you're quite pretty, y'know." you complimented her. robin felt her cheeks getting warmer. she twisted her hands around her trumpet. "uh, thanks. you're really pretty too." she smiled at you. you extended your hand out towards her. "i'm y/n." you told her. she shook your hand. "robin." she smiled. you smiled back at her before looking off into the distance. "walk with me?" you asked her. she quickly nodded and you two began walking and talking.

robin and you grew closer over the next few months when one day, you were at robins house for a sleepover. her parents weren't home and you and robin were in her room, playing never have i ever. it was your turn to ask a question. "okay, okay." you said, trying to catch your breath after the fit of giggles you had just had. "never have i ever... kissed another girl." you said, looking at robin. she immediately stopped laughing and waited to see if you would drink. you smirked and picked up your cup, chugging down whatever you had left. robin was shocked. she stared at you, mouth slightly agape. "well, have you?" you questioned. robin blinked before picking her cup up and chugging it down too. she placed it back down with shaky hands. she looked back up at you and she saw that you had moved closer to her. you were sitting right in front of her now. "uh, you're, uh, really close." she stated, swallowing. "great observation, buckley." you teased. she let out a slight chuckle before licking her lips slightly. your eyes were darting from her eyes to her lips. robin was frozen in place. there was no way this was actually happening. you moved slightly closer before leaning in and placing your lips onto hers. robins eyes widened but she kissed you back as soon as she got over her fear. you smirked into the kiss and placed your hand at the back of her neck and pulled her closer, deepening the kiss. you both pulled back after a while. "uh, wow." robin panted, running a hand through her hair. "yeah, wow." you chuckled. you leaned back in. "should we be doing this? i mean, i don't wanna ruin our frie-" you cut her off by kissing her again, this time more intense. robins hands made their way to your lower back, pulling you into her lap. you placed your knees on either side of her. you pulled back slightly and robin tucked a piece of your hair behind your ear. you smiled down at her before turning towards the door and shutting it. you quickly got back to robin and kissed her again.