- hospital -

*requested by OrngsRGood! i hope this is okay!*
———————————————————————————
trigger warning: suicide attempt and mentions of suicidal thoughts.

you sat in your car which was parked just a little away from an empty bridge. you tapped your steering wheel as you contemplated your decision.

after being introduced to the upside down, your life had went downhill. constantly worried if something is going to escape, if someone's going to die and the constant death you've seen hasn't helped either.

you had just gotten so tired of everything that you felt it was getting too much. like every single time you went into the upside down or even if stuff happens that has nothing to do with the upside down, like messing up at work, it felt like a tiny weight was being placed onto your shoulders and now the weight was just too much.

you wiped away the tears that had appeared in your eyes and unbuckled your seatbelt. you opened the door and got our, standing on wobbly knees. you hadn't said goodby to anybody. you left your girlfriend, robin, a voicemail that you hoped she would get.

as you walked towards the edge of the bridge, a slither of doubt appeared in your mind but didn't stay there for long. everything would be gone in a matter of seconds. no more pain, no more worrying, no more fear. just peace.

you placed your hands on the barrier of the bridge and climbed onto it, steadying yourself as you looked down. it was too dark to see how far the drop was exactly. you took a deep breath and closed your eyes. you were going to be okay after this. just one step forward. you repeated that in your mind. slowly, you followed your own instructions. it wasn't long before there was nothing. no noise, no panic, nothing.

———————————————————

robin sat in her bedroom, a mixtape that you had made for her played in the background as she looked at her answering machine. she noticed that she had a new message. she played it as she sat cross legged on the floor.

"hey robin." the message started. robin smiled as soon as she heard your voice. "i, uh, i don't really know how to say this." robin was worried. were you breaking up with her? "um... i don't have a lot of time but uh... i want you to know that i love you, i love you so goddamn much, robin buckley. i just can't deal with any of this anymore. i'm sorry... bye." the machine beeped once the message had ended.

robin's heart was pounding. she didn't know what was going on and she didn't know where you were. she got up off the floor and grabbed a pair of shoes.

just as she as about to leave, the phone rang. she dropped the shoes and sprinted back to the phone, praying that it was you calling to tell her everything was okay. nothing was happening.

she picked up the receiver and held it to her ear with a shaky hand. "hello?" she asks down the phone, twiddling with the wire. "hello, is miss robin buckley available?" an older sounding woman asked. "uh, that's me. i'm robin." she replied. "okay, miss buckley i'm sorry to inform you that your friend y/n y/l/n has been admitted to our hospital. she was found unconscious at the bottom of a bridge." the older woman explained.

she continued explaining as much as she could but robin couldn't listen. her heartbeat was faster than ever before and if was all she could hear at his point. the only thing that registered in robins mind was the hospital name.