Chapter 21

You woke to darkness. At first you couldn't see where you were, your eyes adjusted and you began to see flickering light above you. You moved to sit up, but you couldn't move at all. There weren't any ropes or shackles holding you down, your body just wouldn't move. You tried to turn your head to see your surroundings, but you couldn't move your head either. As much as you willed yourself to move, your body didn't listen. After a short time you gave up on moving and just stared at the light that danced across the ceiling. You didn't know where you were, but you knew who had brought you there.

Your sister of course. You recalled how she clapped after you had killed her advisors. As if doing so was the opening to a sad and tragic opera. You knew that she must have been in the room with you. You couldn't see much of the room since your head wouldn't move, but you could still see little details like the dull, dark grey bricks that made up the walls and ceiling, given flicks of color by the candle that sat upon a table a few feet away from you. You heard someone clear their voice on your left.

"Well, if it isn't my little sister. What brings you here?"

You tried moving your jaw, testing to see if you could speak. You couldn't. You started up at the ceiling and waited for your sister to say something else, Since you couldn't.

"No matter.  Though I know why you're here, lets not dwell on whys or whats,"

She sat on the edge of the bed next to your arm.

"How are you? It's been so long since we've seen each other. You look well."

She stopped talking for a while and just stared at you. You continued to stare at the ceiling, not meeting her gaze even though she was positioned in a spot that made it easy for you to see her even if your head didn't move.

It was silent for a long while. Then, she spoke again. Venom spewing through her lips and eroding your paralyzed ears.  

"You thought you could come into my city and destroy everything that I have sought to build. Ha! You? The little ant that's only good for following orders and killing? Though I must say your ability to lift a one hundred times your own weight amazes me."

She laughed to herself.

"But, I guess you can't lift anything if your arms don't work, huh? I It was fun seeing you go through your old hiding spot. So nostalgic. I hope you didn't think that I didn't know about it. All I have to do now is kill anyone who may have come with you and is still lurking there. That is, if my men haven't already."

"Which one is she talking about? She can't know about the one in the forest. I rarely went there."

She grabbed you hair and lifted your head closer to her. You had no choice but to look at  her straight in the eye.

"You're going to tell me everything that you know about the leaf village. Even if I have to torture you for a month. And when I get what I want, I'll let you die."