Chapter 29

(b/p) - body part; based on how tall you are.

Someone stood hidden in the canopies of the trees. The darkness cloaking them in its think protection. They watched as Kakashi left the cave and waited as he switched directions in favor of another destination. Once Kakashi had gotten a fair enough distance away, the mysterious shadow followed him.

"Hmmm, he broke out of my genjutsu a lot quicker than I thought he would. Strange that he was able to determine that it was a genjutsu and even break free of it, while someone else of greater power couldn't even tell the jutsu from reality."

The shadow moved swiftly and quietly through the trees. Following Kakashi to where it knew you were.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What...just happened?"

Kakashi watch with baited breath as you slowly advanced closer to him. In simple terms, he was surprised. What had he just seen? Was that really you fighting?

Kakashi knew, or at least surmised, that you were at least as strong as he was, though only when it came to taijutsu. Seeing how powerful your chakra was startled him. You had some type of spirit sealed inside you, like a jinchuriki - only you had no seal marks at all. At least on the outside.

Not only was your power cause for his astonishment, but it made you seem...different somehow. But, different wasn't the right word. Kakashi had a feeling that you had this kind of side to you- call it a hunch- but after thinking about it at this moment, after he saw you with his own eyes mercilessly kill your own sister, it became less and less surprising.

For instance, the incident with Rock Lee. Even though you seemed to regret your actions afterwards, you were very calm during the incident. While you were fighting him, instead of slowing down due to tiredness or to re-strategize your moves, you got quicker. The aura that surrounded you after you landed the finishing blow was reminiscent of Kakashi's ANBU days.

That thought brought him out of his surprise. He relaxed where he was crouching at the side of a tree and stood. You still didn't seem to have noticed him so he made his way to your slow moving form. He didn't want to wait for you to get to him first.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

You heard a rustle in the trees in front of you. At first you payed no mind to the sound. Even as you heard footsteps approach you. Looking ahead was what made you stop. Kakashi was walking towards you.

"Kakashi..." You step closer to him, but froze when you saw the look in his eyes. "You saw." you gulped.

There was no way that he would be ok with what you had just done. Kakashi, the one person that you never wanted to witness such a thing, had seen what you had done. You rendered your opponent defenseless and then killed her. You could try and act upset about it, but you knew you couldn't. You didn't feel bad about killing her; you didn't care. But, you didn't want Kakashi to see that part of you. The part of you that disregarded life, the part of you that was merciless. that could and would kill without a second thought.

Kakashi had just witnessed everything that you didn't want to be. Everything that you wished you weren't.

He kept getting closer and closer and the only thing you could think to do, was back away.

"(Y/n)" Kakashi whispered, as if trying to reassure you.

You knew though. You knew that things wouldn't be the same. Kakashi wouldn't ever see you the same way that he did before how could he?