XXV. Hangovers Suck!

DAISY ALWAYS SAID SHE WOULDN'T DRINK TOO MUCH BECAUSE THE DAY AFTER IS ALWAYS A BITCH. SHE LIED ABOUT THAT.

A deep frown had been on her face since the moment she woke up and it wasn't planning on disappearing any time soon. Her hand came up to run at her eyes harshly, blinking repeatedly as four knocks landed on her door, a pause coming into play before two more knocks were thrown.

Whoever was on the other side of the door should've begun preparing for the deep anger that was rushing through the hungover teen's veins. She threw her head back down onto the somewhat stiff pillow as Tina walked in with careful steps but her shoes did not help, wincing when Daisy peeked out from her fingers.

"Tina?" Daisy whispered and sat up, still groggy from being woken up. Tina was well dressed and cleaned up whilst Daisy's hair was tousled and tangled in different parts. "Did you break in?"

"Because I've totally broken into someone's house before." Tina joked around but that clearly didn't sit well with the grouchy Hugo. "No... your dad let me in, Dais."

That made Daisy sit up in a panic, "What time is it?"

"7:19," Tina answered, opening her palm up to hand Daisy some ibuprofen she had packed before leaving her own house.

"Oh, God. What happened last night?" Daisy's voice was muffled by the pill that sat on her tongue. "Besides... me finding out I'm not a good enough girlfriend."

Tina frowned at those words, especially when Daisy said them so nonchalantly, and downed the water bottle on her bedside counter. She sat down in front of Daisy and smiled sympathetically.

"People only know of him because of you,"

"No. People know him because of Chrissy.." Daisy pointed out after sucking in a sharp inhale.

She could hardly remember what happened a few minutes after she walked out on Joshua last night and Daisy assumed that she had to call Frances as her last-minute rescue.

Tina shrugged and said, "He's a nobody now — and you don't need him!" She pushed herself off the bed and went into Daisy's closet, rummaging through it quickly.

"I've got the shirt already," Daisy yawned out and had already begun taking off her matching pajama top and replacing it with a green blouse that had puffed sleeves and convallaria flowers embroidered across the chest area.

Tina clapped. Her excitement practically radiated throughout the entire household, Daisy was sure of it because Tina had been begging for ages to have the smallest of glimpses into Daisy's jeans drawer.

"This is like Christmas but sooner," Tina smiled and crouched. Daisy shook her head and slightly rolled her eyes as she brushed through her hair quickly. "Any color suggestions?"

"What would go with this?" Daisy asked, standing up to reveal her top to Tina.

Tina scrunched her eyebrows together in thought before ultimately saying, "Hm.. do a pose or something? I'm having trouble."

Daisy stood stiffly until she finally attempted a sort of pose that consisted of the brush being held as a phone, her mouth agape in an attempt to imitate a typical horror pose.

"Dark blue," Tina smiled brightly and scanned through all the variations of jeans stuffed inside the cream-colored drawer. She picked out some straight-legged ones and placed them on the bed, kicking under the bed at the boots both she and Daisy had bought to match with each other.

"You sure it looks good?" Daisy had a doubtful tone in her voice and Tina had a feeling it didn't have to do with her outfit but rather the boy she would have to face at school.