Chapter 3

-Peter pov-
"Alright so I am going on a date that the girls set up" I take a deep breath and fix my shirt some "This is going to be all good!"

"Uh Peter?" I turn and see Betty standing over me while looking very nervous "I Uh I guess you are my date huh? I bet you probably did not want or expect this so we can go out separate ways"

"You look gorgeous" She is wearing a black and white shirt with blue spandex jeans "You outfit really compliments your muscles and red skin! You look so good! How did you get your clothes to fit you like they do? Are they all stretchy? How many spandex pants do you have? Do you think they can make a whole suit out of them? Do you already have one? Can you tan? Have you ever been sunburnt? Can you tell if you get sunburnt?"

I stop my rambling out of questions when she starts laughing. I smile as she seems to finally relax. I notice all eyes on her and have tried to make sure she does not notice. I am pulled back to looking at her when I feel her hand on my shoulder.

"They always look" She gives a sad smile "I truly understand if you would like to leave"

"I think people are still afraid of what they do not understand" She looks at me confused so I explain "Christian's go against gay people because the older generations that have taught them have shown no other way than hate against them. But look at the younger Christians now! They are allies when they leave the old beliefs behind because as it says 'Love thy neighbor' and so they do"

"But what about race? What about hating foreigners?" I turn to see we are drawing some Yorkers around us "What about that wise guy?"

"Well if we look at the definition of race it is any one of the groups that humans are often divided into based on physical traits regarded as common among people of shared ancestry" The young man goes to his phone before nodding "So by that regard you could group myself with you and the boy beside you! We have brown hair so that is a physical quality we all have together and based on the cross on your necklaces I assume you believe we come from Adam and Eve so would that make us the same race?"

"But that does not stop shootings" I frown and nod "So what you go to say for that?"

"I can not justify people who attack others based on their skin color or religions because it is never going to be an ok act" I look at everyone around me "But neither is ganging up on someone to attack back...I can not say that Betty Ross here is a normal person like anyone else but I can say that she is a sweet and loving woman! I can also say I am a lucky man to have her and I am going to try my hardest to make our date worth it so I you all would mind the staring and to stop judging her that would be much appreciated"

I grab Betty's hand and take a deep breath. That is not how I wanted this to go. I should have just kept my mouth shut. I stop when I feel myself stop moving and turn to see Betty in tears.

"I am a freak of nature" I walk toward her as tears fall freely "I am not a normal woman and never will be again!"

"You are so much better" I reach up and wipe her tears "I brought all attention toward me knowing I am a no one cause it brought hate to me ok? I can live with that especially if it makes the ones I care about look better"

"Why?" It is my turn to be confused "Why do that? Why give up so much just for others who kill each other? For people who may rob a bank next week? For people who may hate you for catching those robbers?"

"Because someone has to show the world there is good in it" I smile and push a stray hair behind her ear "There is my pretty lady...you have really gorgeous yellow eeeyes!"

"Peter!" I fall backwards and reach back to feel blood "Peter hang on ok?"

"Do not kill them" I feel my eyes closing "Do not go back"

-Betty pov-
I feel nothing but anger course through me. I look up to see the man holding the gun. He was in the group that was around us. He starts to take off but I jump to him.

I grab the gun he holds up and break it. I grab him by the throat and want to squeeze. I want to crush this man and watch his eyeballs pop out. I want to see him take his last breath as he passes away in my hands.

But I look at the people around Peter and hear the sirens. I look at the young boy from earlier and let the man go. I bend a pole around him and go to Peter. I hold him while the ambulance comes to his aide.

It clicks who is he and I quickly grab him away. I look at the paramedics who nod. I take off while being filmed. Sacrifices can be made for the people you care about.

Peter can not be the only one who makes sacrifices. Not anymore at least.