Chapter 19: Aftermath

-Wanda pov-
"It has been three years since we lost Peter Parker" I hold the twins on my lap while Tony speaks "He saved us all from a world that I would have destroyed, he saved us from a world invasion, and he saved us from the stones ever getting in the wrong hands....I miss my boy dearly"

Tony breaks down crying while pepper goes up to him. They share a hug while pepper helps him off the stage. I look and see all of us with our kids. The babies that never have gotten to meet their dad.

There is a few words given before the empty casket is lowered. There is nothing more to say or do. We lost the man we love to an invasion. We are all still engaged just not married.

We wanted Peter to come back before we did that. I give the twins away as I stand. We each grab a shovel  and get ready to bury him. To bury the man who we could never find and never have stopped loving.

"No!" May climbs down and lays on the casket "He is out there! He is not dead! No please no!"

"Jean" She nods and floats down to pick up May "May come back up please"

"I lost him" Jean gets May back up and the kids go to her "I lost my baby"

"Please continue" Jean picks up her shovel again "These people have been here grieving long enough"

-music playing-
Would you know my name if I saw you in heaven?
Would it be the same if I saw you in heaven?
I must be strong and carry on
'Cause I know I don't belong
Here in heaven

Would you hold my hand if I saw you in heaven?
Would you help me stand if I saw you in heaven?
I'll find my way through night and day
'Cause I know I just can't stay
Here in heaven

Time can bring you down, time can bend your knees
Time can break your heart, have you begging please
Begging please

Beyond the door, there's peace, I'm sure
And I know there'll be no more
Tears in heaven

Would you know my name if I saw you in heaven?
Would you feel the same if I saw you in heaven?
I must be strong and carry on
Because I know I don't belong
Here in heaven

We finish burying him and everyone starts to leave. We get the kids to the car when a familiar whoosh goes past. I am not the only one to hear cause I see the girls faces change. We all turn toward the freshly covered grave to see a man in black.

We all slowly close the doors and stand watching. I look at Jean who gives a nod. We will go before the others do. We are the strongest so we will give the longest protection.

"Funeral is over pal" We walk closer and the guy does not move "Funeral is over"

"I would have preferred see you again" We stop walking as our hearts stop "Then again being with Nick Fury for three years to save the other heroes was enough to make Eric sound nice"

"Peter?" He turns and we see the face of the man we fell in love with "PETER!"

"Hey" We tackle him and hear the others running toward us "You all miss me?"

"Peter!" We let me through and let her hold Peter "You are never leaving again! You selfish asshole....where have you been this whole time Pete?"

"When I had the stones I saw the heroes" Peter looks at us all "I saw where Nick was trapped and I saved them all"

"Why did you not tell us?" Peter looks away "Pete?"

"I figured that if I died while saving them then you all would move on cause of my death here" We all punch him and he groans in pain "Ow! Ok I get it! Dumb idea!"

"Very dumb!" We all get up and Peter looks toward the cars "Are they...are they in there?"

We nod and he slowly walks to them "We showed them enough photos and videos" Kate pulls out a camera "Lets see if this works"

"Agreed" We make it over as Peter opens the door "Hope for the good"

"He-hey" The kids all look at him with wide eyes "I...I am your father! My name is Peter and I am the reason..part of the the reas~"

We all laugh as the kids tackle him to the ground. There are so many questions as they hold him down. We watch with love as they meet their dad for the first time. This is the moment we have been waiting for since three years ago.

"What is going on?" We turn toward Tony as he lands "Why are you all still here?"

"Tony?" Peter sits up and Tony's eyes go wide "Hey Tony"

"Peter?" Peter nods and soon Tony is hugging Peter "I thought we lost you! I thought we were never going to see you again!"

"That would be because of me" We all look to see Nick Fury "He helped me save the rest of the heroes that got taken"

"So what happens know?" Peter gets up with Tony and the kids "What do we do next Pete?"

"We live life to the fullest" Peter looks at the kids with a watery smile "I am going to finally meet my kids and get to know what I missed in the past three years"

The kids all cheer as Peter picks them up and plays with them. I wipe the tears in my eyes watching them play together. Sure it is in a cemetery but we earned this moment. We have earned our happiness.

I have no idea what comes next but right now. I do not care. I do not care what we do next besides be a family. We never have to be heroes again if we do not want.

I just want to be a family and we finally have that chance. We have three years to make up. We also have a wedding to do now. I can not wait for this wedding!

Life is going to be worth living again, I am sure of it.