IN SEARCH

A FEW DAYS LATER
AUDREY'S POV
Ray was all better now. I had to think of something. I finally came up with a plan. I called Daniel and told him, "Now that you are here I won't let anything happen to you as well as our people. I am thinking to take a small group and go in search of the book myself." As expected he denied saying, "No, Your Highness. You can't go on this dangerous mission. We can't let anything happen to you. You also need to manage the Before he could complete his words I interrupted him and said, "If I said I will go in search of the book, I will, and I don't want to just sit behind and watch the demons do whatever they want. When I find the book they won't be able to hurt my people. Whatever their aim is I won't allow them to achieve it by hurting my people."

DANIEL'S POV

Looking into her eyes I could see the enthusiasm and the amount of courage she had to save humanity. I said, " Okay, but I will come with you to ensure your safety." Yes sure she said while nodding happily. She then said, " Okay, so get ready we will leave in a while. Make sure to wear the disguise.

(The two of them met in the royal hall after a while)

AUDREY'S POV

Let's go. I've got a sort of map that the mage gave me when Ray was brought back. It seems that it leads to an isolated island.

The two of them set out.

ON THEIR JOURNEY

AUDREY'S POV

When we set out, all we could see is lonely streets with demons in black guarding the streets. On a thought, someone would think what were they guarding on the streets. To be more precise they weren't guarding but waiting for a prey.

There came a man out of his house crying and wailing that he wanted to get some medicine for his daughter who is ill.

Hearing this, the demons began to laugh. "So what you want us to do?  Go to your so called doctor and get your daughter medicine? Hahahaha!!" The next minute the man was killed by an electric shock that came out of the demon's hand.

We were shocked to see this. Then we thought to ignore the situation and go ahead before we blow our cover.

As we went ahead, we had the feeling that we could accomplish our mission. We came to the port safely, but didn't know what was ahead of us. We boarded on the ship and set for the island.

The weather was nice and calm, as if it was the calm before the storm. We could see the island from afar.

We got on the island safely. We could see a cave kind of structure from the shore. That was our destination. We reached the mouth of the cave, but to our surprise there were two openings so we decided to part our ways here.

DANIEL'S POV

It was dark, I was thinking if Her Highness was okay and safe. I  didn't know why but could feel a different kind of feeling in my heart whenever I thought of her. I can't have this feeling, I need to stop thinking, but the more I resisted the more I was attracted to her. Her innocent face was always in my heart. I decided to focus on finding the book first.

AUDREY'S POV

I reached the end of the cave. I could see that there was a high place for the book to be kept but there was no book on it. I decided to get out of the cave but suddenly a figure came in front of me. I couldn't think anything but run in the opposite direction.

WHO WAS IT?  WHY DID AUDREY RUN AWAY?  FIND OUT IN THE NEXT CHAPTER.