Chapter 10

Y/N pov

I was sat next to Bucky as Steve started to talk about the gang member that they had captured and what they had managed to learn.

"We found out that he operates out of one of the most prestigious clubs in the city. They organise all of their operations there." He told us all as we all listened to him. "He will be there tonight and that is when we will be going in. So make sure that all of your plans for tonight are cancelled." He told us all as we all nodded as he walked over to Peggy to work out a plan.

I went to the changing rooms to call Wanda to let her know that I will be late coming home.

"Hey princess." I greeted her happily to hear her voice.

"Hey baby, is everything ok?" She asked me. The concern in her voice was comforting.

"Yeah, everything is fine. I was just ringing to let you know that I won't be home tonight." I told her sadly.

"Oh ok. What is it that you need to stay late?" She asked me. I could tell she was disappointed.

"We have a lead on Strucker and plan on making our move tonight." I told her honestly.

"Ok." She spoke sadly. "What about dinner?"

"I'm not going to be able to join you princess. But I promise that I will make it up to you." I told her honestly.

"Please be careful." She spoke softly. "I love you."

"I love you more princess. Don't wait up for me." I told her before I hung up.

"How's the wife?" Bucky asked me as he stood beside me.

"She's not my wife yet, but she will be ok when I get home." I told him before realising that I haven't asked him yet. "Anyway, I have been thinking with the wedding and everything, would you be my best man?" I asked him as we walked back towards the briefing room.

"I would be honoured Y/N, but I have to ask. Why me?" He said with a raised eyebrow. I stopped walking and turned to face him.

"I want you to be my best man because other than Nat, I consider you my best friend. You were there for me when I needed someone the most. You didn't judge me or try to push me to move on. You just stayed by my side and helped me through everything. You're more like a big brother to me." I told him honestly as he gave me a soft smile.

"I was happy to be there for you Y/N." He smiled at me before he gave me a brief hug. "Well let's go and catch this bastard." He said as we both laughed before we joined everyone in the briefing room.

Once Steve had went through the plan, we all got out of our cars and made our way into the club and got into our positions. I was stood at the bar with John, we were watching the back doors for any signs of Strucker. I remember what he looks like from my days of working for The Boss but luckily for me I was only 13 years old.

"So, what do we do when we see anyone that is close to Strucker?" John asked me as I kept my eyes trained on my surroundings.

"We call it in and tail him but do not engage." I told him sternly as he just hummed.

"So we don't get to arrest him as soon as we see him?" He asked me.

"Look around you John, every single person that works in this club has a standard 9mm glock. We go in there after him on our own, we may as well sign our death certificate now." I told him bluntly nudging him to look around and he noticed the workers I was on about. "So just sit tight and be quiet and follow orders." I watched as some of the guys starting to approach the bar.

"You have a possible encounter with Strucker, please trail them but do not engage. We will be there shortly." Steve spoke over comms. I nodded to John towards the group who nodded as we waited for them to get closer and walk right behind them. I noticed that they wanted to see their form of identification which happened to be a branding on the wrist. "I need you guys to abort, they are searching for some sort of brand and I don't want to know what will happen if you don't have one."

"You heard him John, go back to the bar." I told him as I carried on following the group.

"Y/N, what are you doing?" I heard Steve ask.

"I am not letting him get away this time. Just stay in your positions and wait for my signal." I told them as I followed the gang. They checked my arm and let me passed. I followed down the dark hallway taking my comms out of my ear and placing it in my pocket so I don't hear Steve's constant scolding. I walked into a room which a man stood on his own and I recognised him. I entered the room for him to turn around and smile at me as I locked the door.

"Well haven't you grown little one." He smirked at me.

"You're under arrest." I told him as I aimed my gun at him.

"You aren't going to make it out of here Y/N. Not alive anyway." He said with a sick smile.

"Oh I will Baron. You see, when The Boss ran things around here, he taught me a thing or two." I told him as I put my gun away. "You sometimes have to make things happen yourself." I told him with a smirk as I took out my military grade blade and held it to his neck, pressing the sharp blade slightly into his flesh.

"You're exactly like your father. Your real father." He spat at me as I started to direct him towards the exit.

"Don't you dare speak unless I tell you to or I will cut out you tongue." I hissed in his ear making him hiss in pain as I dug the blade in a little deeper.

Bucky's pov

We waited for what felt like forever, listening to Steve going on qbout wrecklessness and disobeying orders. It wasn't until we saw Y/N walk out of the back with Strucker. She had cuffed him and we all walked outside to meet them and sent the cops inside to get all of the gang members.

"Y/L/N!!!!" Steve shouted as she put him in the back of the van before she and Steve walked away. I know from experience he hates it when people disobey orders, especially when they put them in danger.

Y/N pov

I walked with Steve who you could feel the anger radiating off of him. He pinched the bridge of his nose before he turned to face me.

"That was completely reckless Y/N." He started. "You disobeyed an order and went in alone without any back up."

"I knew what I was doing Steve." I told him.

"You could have been hurt Y/N. He had a lot of armed men down there. You didn't know what you were getting yourself into." He continued.

"I lived that life before I met any of you. I was a kid when I was brought into that life. I watched the man who I thought was my father get killed right before my eyes by my real father. The one who took Wanda just to get to me." I seethed at him. "So yeah, I know exactly what they're capable of since most of my scars are from them."

"I'm sorry." He apologised.

"Save it Rogers. I'm heading home. You have Strucker. Hydra is now gone so I'll see you next shift." I told him as I walked away. I decided to walk home to cool off before seeing Wanda.

AN

Im not too sure about this one but let me know what you guys think