xxiii.

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄°
𝗜 brighter than usual

"and this is for you!" jeongin beams as he gave the box to changbin, it was quite heavy. he is currently giving souvenirs in the living room, at jisung and minho's place. it was great timing that changbin visited their place, the only reason was is to hangout with felix. jeongin didn't have the time to do this when he was moving into his place, so he'll take this chance as an opportunity.

felix shows his hands, gesturing changbin to lend the box to him which changbin gladly did. felix yelps — he almost loses his balance because of how heavy it was — jeongin and changbin were carrying it as if it was lightweight earlier so he didn't expect it to be heavy. he then places it down gently on the floor with a slight struggle.

"wow, jeongin-ah.." jisung smiled and look at the stuff. he also received alot of souvenirs and foreign food. minho was putting them aside. he continue, "you sure bought alot."

"of course!" jeongin said proudly. he stern and puffed his chest proudly, "how could i come back without souvenirs?!"

"you overdid it." changbin said, jeongin having his cheeks slowly turn pink. he nodded, agreeing that he sure did. he then glances at felix who was quiet all this time — he gets a random paper bag and gave it to him — shoving it. he says to him, "since i have more. i'll give you this!"

felix looks inside the paper bag and it was a bunch of chocolates, just looking at it made his teeth hurt. changbin peeking inside curiously. felix smiled shyly, "th-thank you."

jeongin smiled back and then faced jisung with minho to talk to both of them, leaving the two alone. changbin asks, "not a fan of chocolates?"

"kinda?" felix said unsurely. he then change the topic by asking, "you got plans after the midterm?"

"chan invited me to go bowling, what about you?"

felix looks somewhere to avoid eye-contact, "family matters to attend to."

"pfft, that sucks." changbin snickers, trying to hide his smile. felix smiles as he watches the older giggle. he ask, "what's funny?"

_________________________________

"ugh~ why it gotta be today?" saeri whines, sloppily carrying her bag as she enter the room with felix. she continue with a pout, "i still haven't moved on to my prelim score and now this?"

felix only smiled as they get to their seat, putting their bag down with them. felix seem calm, but no he isn't, he is far from being calm. all through this week, he didn't have any proper review. he doesn't remember what he've reviewed, did he even review this past days?

"ya, felix." saeri shook his thoughts away, waving her hand in front of him. "it's not vacation yet, why your mind being on vacay— hold on, did u even study?"

felix shook his head and pull away from their gap, "i did.. a little."

saeri hums teasefully, "hmm~!" she points at him, "you and changbin-oppa are really overdoing it."

felix's cheeks getting pink, "hey, you're being too loud..!"

"okay, stand up." before saeri could tease felix more, the professor already came in with piles of exam papers on his hand, drawing the students' attention in the room as they stood up to greet him in unison. "goodmorning, seonsaeng-nim."

"sit down, everyone."

as the prof told so, they all sat down. he then start to give the test papers to each students in front to pass it to their back and so on. saeri still looking at felix; her lips grinning. he only give her a look, shaking his head. the first class' midterm exam started, all of them mind their papers.

an hour and a half passed, the professor finally stood up. "pass all your papers."

the students quickly scan their papers while others passing it to the front. saeri look so unsatisfied doing so while felix were just excited to move to other class to be with changbin. saeri stretches her arms up as she tails felix out of the class after passing their paper. she elbows him gently, "any plans after the midterm?"

felix took a moment to answer, "family stuff." it sounded like a dismay. he doesn't look excited at all, saeri finally relates to him.

"damn, that's tough." saeri whines. she sloppily rose her hand and walked away, "see 'ya."

felix was going to turn around but a voice made him slightly jump on his spot. "seems like both of you aren't excited for this one week vacation."

"ah!" felix yelps in surprise, almost staggering. it was changbin who suddenly appeared behind him out of nowhere. he dramatically have his hand rest on his chest, heart area. "hyung, since when u got here?"

"hmm, i wonder.." changbin only hums and get the younger's hand to hold while they walk in the hallway. "so.. we aren't gonna see each other during vacay?"

"no way! that's not gonna happen," felix protested childishly. "you don't want that to happen, right?"

"of course, i don't." changbin then intertwines their fingers, slightly swinging their hands together. he continue, "you gonna be alright?"

"about what?"

"you.. with your family stuff."

"ah, yeah." felix looks at the ground just to see their feet continuously walking straight to the classroom.

"besides you missed them, right?" changbin looks at him, trying to cheer him up.

felix nodded and mumble, "mhm."

"just to remind you, i'm your boyfriend so.. whatever happens, tell me." changbin manage to get his attention by stopping in front of him which causes felix to look at him right in the eyes. he add, "i have the rights to know, freckle."

felix feels warm. sure, he slightly feel shy with his pink cheeks but his heart was flattered by the older's words. changbin looks brighter than usual, at least to his perspective. it must be really nice to have a lover like this. he feel so blessed, he really doesn't wanna be in bad terms with his older boyfriend. he just wanna stop time and let them froze while holding hands.

both of them smiled. felix can't help but cup the older's cheek, "you're so pretty, hyung."

before they could make out in the hallway and be late, the bell rung, signalling for next period, ruining their wholesome moment. changbin just giggles and pull the younger by the hand to continue their track.