Chapter 48-Dramatic Mer

⚔️This is a bit short, but I wanted to finally give y'all something while I get the rest of the story figured out. 🍃

——————————————————————-
Ares

"You sneaky snake!" Adila grumbles, grabbing hold of Corintha's shoulders and giving them a good shake. "Don't you ever run off and start a fight without me! Your not the only one who deserves to let off a little steam."

"Hey, that's my sister your talking to," Lucas snarls, unwinding his arms from his sister's waist and jutting his chin at the female towering over both of them. "Quiet shrimp," Adila growls back, gazing down at the skinny lad in annoyance. "Before I have you splayed out on the ground, wriggling like a helpless worm."

The lad's eyes narrow like a panther defending its young, just as fearsome as his sister, when her anger boils and brews as it comes to the surface. "I'll show you whose a wriggly worm."

No sooner did the words leave his mouth, Lucas throws himself at Adila. Grabbing hold of her shoulders in a viselike grip, only for her to latch onto his arms and roll both of them off the wooden walkway. Their screeching, mixes with the sound of Odessa ordering the soldiers to grab hold of the men Corintha downed.

Making my irritation grow, first my time with Corintha was interrupted by a rouge carriage. And now her brother and friend, are using the street as their personal fighting ring. Forcing my temper down, I stalk over to Corintha and drop the daggers on the walkway next to her.

"I hope you don't mind watching these," I drawl, while Arcus finally reaches us only to turn his head as Adila let's out a colorful curse from Lucas pulling her hair. "You have got to be joking,"Arcus grumbles, reluctantly rolling up his sleeves as I do mine. "I guess I'll get Adila, you can wrangle the piranha. He has a tendency to bite so watch out when he rears his head back."

"No he will not, Lucas is my responsibility," Corintha interjects, jumping to her feet, making to head off the walkway just as I grab hold of her arm. "How about you help the human you saved," I growl, lugging her in front of me and pushing her towards the still crying girl on the bench. "At least she won't stoke your blood lust."

Turning her head, Corintha glares at me with vengeance written on her face. Eyes narrowing with rage, pupils turning to slits, and fists curling to hide the small sharp point of her nails on the verge of turning into claws.

"Very well Ares," she mutters, breathing in a slow breath that moves her chest slightly inside the confines of her corset. "But I hope you are aware that we must find out what happened to her, and where her family is."

I roll my eyes, an action that sets her nostrils flaring, as I join Arcus in separating Lucas and Adila before they rip each other apart.