Forty-Nine

When Ron heard about the situation, he quickly sought out Ginny. He was still haunted by the events from Second Year so he always have this need to make sure that she's alright. In the end, he comforted her by saying that he will escort her to Yule Ball. It's not really expected of everyone to be dating when going to the Yule Ball, it was just something people do simply because of the atmosphere.

So taking his sister to Yule Ball wasn't something disgraceful or anything. He's simply being a good brother.

Ron didn't even get mad at Link. Link never has feelings for Ginny, of this he knew well. Link had never led her on or treated her as anything other than just a friend and the sister of one his friends. So how could he be mad at Link?

Right now he's more confused by the fact that he's mad that Hermione had been asked by someone to the Yule Ball and even more that she accepted...

Ron sighed as he looked at himself in the mirror, "At least I don't look like Great Aunt Tessie..." He sniffed himself, "Or smell like Great Aunt Tessie..."

He then looked at Link, who had on dark dress robes with red and gold highlights. He also had on a pair of white leather boots that reaches his knees and white gloves. Honestly, his friend's looking more and more like a prince. Meanwhile, Neville had on a simple black and white dress robes.

The three then moved to the entrance of the Great Hall where the ball will take place. McGonagall had informed Link to stand there before the ball begins as the Champions will be the ones to open the Yule Ball.

Link greeted Ginny who had waited for Ron. She had on a rather simple but flattering aquamarine dress that has been slightly modified to look new. She smiled at him before accepting Ron's elbow as he escorted his sister to the Great Hall. On the way, they were joined by Hermione dressed in blue and somehow discovered a way to slick her hair into a bun.

He greeted her as she's waited by the Great Hall, "Good evening, Hermione,"

She blushed as she greeted him, "Link! You look dashing!"

He smiled at her, "And you look stunning," He then looked around, "Are you waiting for your partner?"

She flustered, "Well, I..." Whatever she was about to say stopped as voice called out to her ins heavily accented words. She looked and Link found Viktor Krum, dressed sharply in burgundy and brown fur, approaching them. Looking between the two, Link politely excused himself.

He was standing around when a voice called out to him. Turning around, he found Fleur dressed in silver greeting him. Everyone else looked on in envy as she all but floated to him. Fleur had done her best for the evening but she wasn't prepared to be struck dumb by how charming Link appeared. The boy can certainly pull any look!

Fleur can't help but be flattered as she accepted his escort and McGonagall finally opened the door as the Champions have all arrived with their partners, although she was a little but pleasantly surprised to see two of the Champions partnered together. Being first in place, Link escorted Fleur through the door first followed by the other Champions.

Then he escorted her politely to the dance floor as instructed by McGonagall and bowed as the violin sang. Taking cue from the first tune, Link lead the dance and for a moment Fleur felt as though she's flying. Link's hand on her waist did not wander, which was one of her main concern. Instead, he firmly but gently supported her back as hold her hand on the other.

Link's a very polite dance partner...

Once the waltz ended, she felt sad that they have to pull apart. Link took notice and asked, "Would you like to go another round?"

Pleasantly flattered, she smiled, "Yes,"

And so he danced with her until she no longer could do another step. But Fleur found her heart full and content as she sat at a table. Link excused himself to find her something to drink and soon she found Viktor's partner asking if the table's full. Feeling good for the evening with her polite partner, Fleur smiled and said that she's the only one at the table so far.

The girl, Hermione, took a seat and sighed dreamily as her eyes tracked her partner across the hall. Fleur can't help but wonder how the bookish girl managed to catch the attention of the Durmstrang Champion but didn't know how to word it. Link had been helpful by asking simple questions that she could give simple answers to; yes or no.

When Link came back, Fleur noticed that his other friend followed with his sister. The girl looked unhappy when she saw her and Fleur understood that she has feeling for her partner. But unfortunately, Fleur had been the one to approach Link while she floundered around him. So Fleur couldn't feel any sympathy for her plight.

The boy, Ron, blushed when he saw her but kept his conversation with Link going. Fleur watched in silent amusement when his attention turned to poor Hermione in which he spat out so hurtful words that could deteriorate the relationships between Champions. Link glared at him and Fleur felt chills stroking her spine at the look he gave his friend.

As Hermione walked away with frustrated tears, Ginny huffed at her brother and chased after the girl. Poor Viktor came at the scene sans his partner and Link politely point at the direction she ran off to. He then turned a frustrated Ron with a disappointed look.

Properly chastised with a look, the boy's feathers flattened. Link apologized to Fleur, "I'm sorry but I'm afraid I have to attend to this idiot here," He glared at the red head, biting out the word 'idiot' at the boy.

Gulping, Fleur smiled and said, "I'll be fine,"

Indeed she doubted she could move from her seat with how pleasantly tired she is. Link had been an exceptional dance partner and she couldn't have been more pleased with her evening. It's only right she let him go deal with his troubles. Besides, from how her girls from Beauxbatons have been looking at her, she feels obligated to entertain them with stories on how dashing, charming and chivalrous her dance partner was. So she waved goodbye to Link who pulled Ron away only to be flocked by her fellow French witches.

Link glared at Ron once they're far enough from the crowded venue, "What were you thinking?"

He flushed, "I...I don't know, I'm just so...mad at her!"

Sighing, Link stared at his friend, "Mad at Hermione or mad at yourself?"

Ron blinked, sputtering at the sudden question, "I...well, I..."

Flicking the boy's ear in fond frustration, Link said, "You'd better apologize to Hermione when you see her next. It's not her fault you didn't take the chance when you could have,"

Felling properly foolish and scolded, Ron groaned into his hands as he rubbed his face. It seemed that he's as much as fool as his sister had been. But at least Ginny had given her shot, or at least tried to. Ron had been procrastinating and he lost his chance.

Needless to say when the evening come to a close, Hermione told him that the next time there's a ball he should ask her instead leaving her as "the last resort!" to which Ginny nodded grimly on her side. Ron's evening come to a sour close while Link stood on the side, letting the lesson seep into his brain.

Link also noticed that his other friend has been enjoying his evening greatly with one Luna Lovegood. She didn't treat him badly and entertain him when he wanted to dance more. When Link had asked why he's taking the Yule Ball so seriously, Neville had told him that his parents met and fell in love at the Yule Ball.

He fell compiled to enjoy a part of his parents' lives in an innocent moment. Perhaps, he even slightly entertained the notion of meeting his love at the Yule Ball the same way his parents did.

Link was about to call it a night when someone called on him along an empty corridor, "Link!"

Looking over his shoulder, he found Cedric Diggory beckoning him over...